Continuing Education Registration Form (PDF) - print and complete this form if paying by mailing in a check or if paying in person.
Student Sponsorship Form (PDF)- complete this form if your employer is to be billed (as well as the registration form above) and mail into address listed on top of the CE Registration Form. If more than one person per employer is attending, they can all be listed on one Sponsorship Form, but each attendee must complete at CE Registration Form.
Johnston Community College provides an array of courses through continuing education designed to provide:
- Basic skills education for adults
- Opportunities to achieve the adult high school diploma or high school equivalency
- Short-term training and skill enhancement to prepare for new career opportunities or currently employed advancement - Computer and Trade Skills
- Job search and application preparation training - Employability Skills Training
- Cultural and community opportunities
Scholarship Opportunities (as available)
There are several scholarship opportunities (PDF) available for some continuing education programs through the following:
Golden LEAF Scholars Program (PDF) - application DUE 02/28/2020 by 12:00 noon
State Employees Credit Union (PDF) - no funds currently available
Preregistration for Continuing Education classes is a necessity. Space may be limited for some classes, advanced registration is required for all Continuing Education courses with the exception of Basic Skills. All Continuing Education classes/instructors provided are subject to change due to specific circumstances and low enrollment may result in class cancellation. All preregistered students will be notified in advance of any changes to classes. If you are not pre-registered, you may not receive notice of changes.
Students must register and pay at least five calendar days prior to the class start
date. Students may pre-pay registration fees in one of the following methods:
> Visit the Records & Registration Department on main campus in the Wilson Building, Room C1513, to complete the registration form. Payment can be made at the Cashier's Window near the JCC Barnes & Noble Bookstore in the Wilson Building. Hours for registration and payment are Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. during the Spring & Fall Semesters. During the Summer Semester hours for registration and payment are Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. JCC is closed on Fridays during the Summer Semester.
> Complete the Continuing Education Registration Form (PDF)and mail to the Continuing Education Division along with appropriate registration fee(s) to the address listed at the top of the form.
> Faxregistrations to be paid with a MasterCard, VISA, American Express, or Discover credit card to (919) 209-2189 Attention: Registration (once you are registered, the cashier's office will contact you for the payment information)
> Register online, using WebAdvisor. Click the button "Continue to WebAdvisor". Next, select the Continuing Education button, and then select "Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes". You may search for classes using a keyword, course code, start date, or location. Select the class you are interested in, and click "Submit". Complete the registration process. Please be advised that payment must be made using a credit card when registering through WebAdvisor.
> If a company/agency is planning to pay for tuition/fees, this Student Sponsorship Form (PDF) must be printed on company letterhead, signed and submitted. This form must be submitted to the registrar’s office with the registration form.
> If the company/agency is planning to pay for books or supplies, the company/agency must contact Barnes & Noble at 919-209-2104.
*** Please be advised that Out-of-state, Woodforest National Bank, and starter checks are not accepted forms of payment for continuing education classes. ***
Registration Fees for Continuing Education classes
Listed below are registration fees for Continuing Education Occupational Extension classes. Fees are based on the length of the class.
|Hours||Fee||CAPS Fee||Total Fees due at registration|
Students attending courses at the Workforce Development Center may register and pre-pay registration fees at the Workforce Development Center during the following times:
|Spring & Fall Semesters
at the Workforce Development Center
at the Workforce Development Center
|8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday|
|8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Friday||CLOSED on Friday|
Students who are 16-17 years old must submit a Joint Approval for Concurrent Enrollment (PDF) form with all required signatures prior to the beginning of class start date.
Continuing Education Refund Policy
- A student who officially withdraws (in writing) from a Continuing Education course prior to the first class meeting is eligible for a 100% refund upon request.
- A student may be eligible to receive a 75% refund of the registration fee if the student officially withdraws (in writing) from the course after the class begins but prior to the 10% census date.
- A student would not be entitled to receive a refund if he/she withdraws after the 10% census date of the course.
- Courses offered as self-supporting, denoted by (SS) beside the course title, (motorcycle, BSAC, etc.) or classes with a course code beginning with SEF are not eligible for a refund as these programs are funded by registration fees collected.
- Students are eligible for a 100% refund if the class is cancelled by the College.