Customized Training Program
When you have training needs, choose the JCC Customized Training Program!
The Customized Training Program provides education, training and support services for new, expanding and existing business and industry in North Carolina through the network of 58 community colleges, serving all 100 counties of the state. The goal is to foster and support three key aspects of your company's well-being:
- Job Growth
- Technology Investment
- Productivity Enhancement
The purpose of the Customized Training Program is to provide customized training assistance in support of full-time production and direct customer service positions. This in-turn, enhances the growth potential of companies located in the state while simultaneously preparing North Carolina's workforce with the skills essential to successful employment in emerging industries.
Businesses and industries eligible for support through the Customized Training Program include but are not limited to:
- Technology Intensive (i.e., Information Technology, Life Sciences)
- Warehousing and Distribution Centers
- Customer Support Centers
In order to receive assistance, eligible businesses and industries must demonstrate one of the following criteria:
- The business is making an appreciable capital investment; the business is deploying new technology; the business is creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the State; and the skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance.
- Resources may support training assessment, instructional design, instructional costs, and training delivery for personnel involved in the direct production of goods and services. Production and technology support positions are also eligible for training support.
- Full-time probationary employees of qualified Customized Training companies are eligible for training delivered by the community college.
For more information on the Customized Training Program contact
Director of Corporate and Customized Training
Phone: (919) 209-2594