Medical Scribe (Transcription)
This course is designed to teach students to accurately and efficiently transcribe medical terms and physician dictation. The course consists of simulation of actual transcription using physician tapes.
Course topics include:
- Understanding report formats for chart notes
- History and physicals
- Discharge summaries
- Efficiently transcribing reports for emergency
- OB & GYN
- Neurology and other medical areas
- Understanding how to operate various transcription machines
- Learning speed with accuracy
- Other related topics.
Important Information Regarding Certification
Individuals who take and pass the (MSCE) who have less than 200 hours of direct medical scribe experience can earn the credential Apprentice Medical Scribe ((AMSP).
Individuals who take and pass the MSCE who have 200 hours of direct medical scribe experience earn the Certified Medical Scribe Professional (CMSP) credential.
An AMSP candidate who eventually acquires 200 hours of direct medical scribe experience and request an update to the Certified Medical Scribe Professional (CMSP) credential via our website, upon verification by their supervisor.
- Two matching government ID Cards (Photo driver's license/social security card)
- Online orientation post-test is not required for Medical Scribe.
- Background check, urine drug screen, and BLS are not required for Medical Scribe.
Estimated Program Cost
Book fees: $79.99 plus tax - The Complete Medical Scribe A Guide to Accurate Documentation Kim D. Kwiatek, Katerina M. Flamm Edition 3 ISBN: 9780323812528 Copyright: 2023
*All prices subject to change
|MED-3236-01P||Jan 16th -
Apr 24th, 2024
Administrative Assistant to Nurse Aide Programs
Elsee Building A116
If no reply within 24 hours:
Connie H. Grady
Department Chair of Health Education and Nurse Aide Programs
Elsee Building A163