EMT: Emergency Medical Technician
Summer 2020 EMT Academy
Classes will be held on JCC main campus in the Public Safety Service Building (PSSB J1630) starting Monday, June 8th, 2020. Classes will meet daily, Monday thru Thursday from 8:30am – 5:30pm; AHA Healthcare Provider and NIMS certifications included. Course ends August 6th, 2020.
Course Code: EMS 4200 03U
Orientation Date(s): Tuesday, May 26th – 10am Session and 6pm Session
Registration Information: Completed during orientation. Late registration will be available on the first scheduled class date or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Orientation Location: Public Safety Service Building (Sign will be posted in front lobby directing students to room on date of orientation)
Course starts: Monday, June 8th, 2020 (8:30am-5:30pm)
Course ends: August 6th, 2020
Cost: Payment in the form of cash, a money order, credit card or personal check may be made to the business office at JCC for the following items:
- $180 Registration fee (unless fee waived through affiliation with a department)
- $7.75 for AHA CPR equipment and card (collected upon completion of certification during course)
- $19 Clinical Liability Coverage
- $50 (approximately) for criminal background check and drug screening prior to start of clinical time through college approved vendor
- $15 Approved college EMS uniform shirt to be work during clinical rotations (remainder of clinical uniform including tactical pants, belt, and footwear, students will purchase on their own)
- $80 Platinum planner/EMS testing subscription
High School Diploma / GED or successful completion of an entrance exam assessing reading comprehension and English language skills at 11th grade level. Students must be 17 years of age prior to the end of class.
Rescue and EMS may qualify for tuition waiver ($180.00 fee).
To receive tuition waiver: Fire & EMS personnel must be listed on an official Johnston County agency roster. Provide a copy of the current roster at registration. Roster must include position and the current year.
Out-Of-County Fire and EMS personnel must provide at registration a letter on official department letter head that includes documentation of active membership, position and that this course is necessary for your job. One letter can list multiple members from an agency.
Without proper documentation at registration will result in tuition payment before student will be allowed to register for class. This may affect guaranteeing you a slot in class.
Brittany Jackson Baker