Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Spring - 2024
All courses meet the North Carolina Office of EMS (NCOEMS) and National EMS Education standards.
- 01F – Day Course: Class scheduled from Wednesday, January 10, 2024 until Sunday, May 5, 2024. Students
attend class on Wednesday’s from 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Students are required to attend
some occasional weekends per the course schedule.
- 02F – Night Course: Class scheduled from Tuesday, January 9, 2024 until Sunday, May 5, 2024. Students
attend class on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6:00 p.m. -10:00 p.m. Students are
required to attend some occasional weekends per the course schedule.
- 03F – Hybrid Course: Class scheduled from Monday, January 29, 2024 until Sunday, May 5, 2024. Students complete class assignments online. Students are required to attend some occasional weekends per the course schedule.
All EMT students are required to attend 48 hours of clinical outside of scheduled class hours. The courses include the following certifications: American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS), EMS Vehicle Operator Safety (EVOS), Teacher Information Management System (TIMS), and National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Course Code: EMS 4200
Orientation Date(s): Orientation sessions will be held on Monday, December 4, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. or Tuesday, December 4, 2023 at 10: a.m. at the JCC Public Safety Building. Students are encouraged to attend one of these orientation sessions; however, late registration is available until the first day of class.
Registration Information: Completed during orientation
Orientation Location: JCC Public Safety Building
Course Details: Download the EMT Fyler (PDF)
Cost: Payment in the form of cash, money order, credit card, or personal check may be made to the business office at JCC or online—after registration—for the following items:
- $180 Registration fee (unless fee waived through affiliation with a department)
- $19 Clinical Liability Coverage
- $10.50 for AHA CPR equipment and card (collected online via provided link prior to course)
- $15 for EVOS Certification (collected online via provided link prior to course)
- $93 for criminal background check & drug testing prior to start of clinical time through college approved vendor and access to immunization document manager
- $20 (estimated cost) Approved college EMS uniform shirt to be worn during clinical rotations (remainder of clinical uniform including tactical pants, belt, and footwear, students will purchase on their own)
- $85 Platinum planner/EMS testing subscription
- $100 (estimated average cost) for textbook: AAOS Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured 12th Edition (Textbook only, workbook not required)
Additional information or questions contact:
Jeffrey “Scott” Long
EMT/AEMT Programs Coordinator