Course Delivery Options
Johnston Community College offers a variety of online course delivery options to meet the needs of students, including:
- Fully online: Fully online courses are delivered completely online, with no face-to-face meetings required. Students can access course materials and complete assignments from anywhere with an internet connection 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through our Blackboard Learn LMS.
- Hybrid: Hybrid courses combine traditional face-to-face classroom instruction with an online learning component. Students meet on campus for lectures and other activities, and complete assignments and assessments through Blackboard Learn.
- Blended: Blended courses are similar to hybrid courses, but they involve more online learning. Students typically meet on campus for one or two sessions per week, and complete the remaining course work in Blackboard Learn.
- Non-credit ed2go online courses: Johnston Community College also offers over 300 non-credit online courses through ed2go. These courses are designed to improve employment and job-related skills.
Benefits of online learning
Online learning offers a number of benefits, including:
- Flexibility: Online courses allow students to learn at their own pace and on their own schedule, which is ideal for students with busy work or family commitments.
- Affordability: Online courses are typically more affordable than traditional on-campus courses.
- Convenience: Online courses can be taken from anywhere in the world, as long as students have an internet connection.
- Quality: Online courses are taught by experienced faculty who are experts in their field.
Choosing the right online course delivery option
The best online course delivery option for you will depend on your individual needs and learning style. If you are looking for the most flexibility, a fully online course may be the best option for you. If you prefer to have some face-to-face interaction with your instructor and classmates, a hybrid or blended course may be a better choice.
If you are interested in taking a non-credit online course, ed2go offers a wide variety of options to choose from. You can search for courses by category, subject, or keyword.
Getting started with online learning
If you are new to online learning, there are a few things you can do to get started:
- Talk to an advisor. An advisor can help you assess your needs and goals, and recommend online courses that are a good fit for you.
- Review the course syllabus. Before you register for an online course, be sure to review the course syllabus. This will give you an overview of the course content, requirements, and expectations.
- Get organized. It is important to be organized when taking online courses. Create a dedicated study space and set aside regular times to work on your coursework.
- Communicate with your instructor. Don't be afraid to communicate with your instructor if you have any questions or concerns. Your instructor is there to help you succeed.
Your Online Learning Adventure Begins Now
Congratulations! You've reached the conclusion of your introduction to online learning at Johnston Community College. With various course delivery options, experienced faculty, and a commitment to your success, we're here to help you embark on your online learning journey.
As you consider the benefits of flexibility, affordability, and convenience, it's essential to choose the course delivery option that aligns with your individual needs and learning style. Our advisors are at your disposal to provide personalized guidance, and course syllabi offer insights into content, requirements, and expectations.
To thrive in your online courses, stay organized, establish a dedicated study space, and communicate with your instructors whenever you have questions or concerns—they're here to support you.
Now that you're equipped with essential information, don't hesitate any longer. Begin your online learning adventure with Johnston Community College today and open doors to new educational horizons. Your future awaits!