Student Grievance Procedure

Johnston Community College desires to resolve student complaints in an expeditious and fair manner. Students who desire to resolve a grievance should follow the College's Student Grievance Procedure which is outlined in the College Catalog. Please try to exhaust all possible avenues of complaint resolution before going outside of the college. For assistance with the grievance procedure, please contact the Vice President of Student Services.

For out-of-state online students:

If an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with the appropriate agency in your state. In compliance with federal Department of Education regulations, Johnston Community College provides a list of State Agencies with contact information for each state on its website.

You may also contact our state agency, the North Carolina Community College System. Johnston Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.