Nurse Aide I Registration
Welcome to the Nurse Aide I Certification course at JCC!
We thank you for choosing Johnston Community College for your education needs and look forward to working with you to achieve your goals. The following is a list of requirements for registration and progression in the NA I course.
You must complete the online Orientation before you can register for class. Once the online Orientation is complete you will recieve a call to register for the class.
To access online orientation click here.
On the day of Registration:
Complete the CE Registration Form.
Pick up the Information packet and information sheet on the Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen process.
- Payment of $214 in the form of a money order, credit card, or personal check.
- High school diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma or Reading Placement Test scores.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS card. You may register to take the class at (919) 209-2522 if you are not certified. (Certification must be completed before first day of class).
- Two forms of matching ID (photo driver’s license and signed social security card). JCC does not accept laminated social security cards.
Once you have registered and submitted your payment, you have secured a seat in the
Then you will:
- Purchase the required textbook Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care; $48.75
- Nurse Aide I Handbook; $25.95
- Nurse Aide I Skills Pack; $10.70
- NA Nametag; $4.25
(Including taxes for all.) These materials may be purchased at the JCC Bookstore located in the Wilson Building.
Purchase the required uniform –
- Caribbean Blue scrub top
- Caribbean Blue scrub pants/skirt
- White leather shoes (no open toes or heels)
These items are to be purchased at Johnston Medical Surgical Supply in the Medical Mall across from UNC Johnston Health –Smithfield and must be worn at all times – class/lab/clinical.
Go online to www.castlebranch.com to purchase the required criminal background check and drug screen (approximately $125.00) using the information attached. Upload to Certified Background required documentation for medical information, vaccines, BLS, physical forms, background and drug screens. Information is due on the first day of class. Print uploaded information from Castlebranch and give to your instructor first day of class.
On the first day in the class:
- Wear your uniform
- Submit the completed Certified Background documentation and receipts.
- BLS/CPR card.
Present documentation evidence via Certified Background of the following vaccines/immunizations:
- Tdap vaccine: Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis.
- Tetanus: included in Tdap vaccine; must be current within last 10 years.
- TST Skin test: 2 step method required (receive 1st injection, wait 14-30 days and get second injection).
- Hepatitis Series (or sign declination form).
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) a positive titer result OR evidence of 2 vaccines.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) a positive measles, mumps and rubella titer result OR evidence of 2 vaccines.
- Influenza Vaccine for current year.
All documentation is due the first day of class.
If we can be of further assistance, please call (919) 464-2368 or stop by the office in the Public Safety Services Building on the Smithfield Campus of Johnston Community College.