Paul A. Johnston Auditorium
Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 6 – 11pm
Mark your calendar and start preparing now for a successful audition. Open auditions will be held on October 7, 2014.
There is no fee to audition however,
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
- Auditions are for solo, duet, trio, and quartet vocal talent, and instrumentalists.
- Performers may audition as an individual or as a group. Each act must fill out a separate registration form.
- Prepare one song with MAXIMUM time of 90 seconds.
- Performers must provide their own pre-recorded music or accompaniment – You may audition with guitar or piano but you must provide your own instrument and music.
- Sound system will be provided including microphones, microphone stands, stage monitor and direct box for instrumental tie-ins.
- Performers will audition in the order of check-in on the day of the audition.
- We request that small children and infants NOT auditioning stay at home.
- Registration - 6:30 p.m.
- Auditions will begin at 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Paul A. Johnston Auditorium on the main campus of Johnston Community College
- Click here for judging criteria.
- Space is limited and pre-registration is required.
To pre-register, fill out the audition registration form and mail no later than October 3, 2014 to:
Johnston Community College
PO Box 2350
Smithfield, NC 27577
Fax: (919) 209-2186
Pop, rock, country, or blues--if you can sing it, we want to hear it!
The Malpass Brothers, Clay Aiken, Scotty McCreery, Dakota Hood, and Adam Barbour have all performed on the CMS stage. Will you be the next guest performer to make national headlines....?
If you are interested in becoming a professional singer/performer, CMS "Where Stars Get Their Start' is the place to experience a week of intense rehearsals, collaboration with other aspiring artists, and 3,000 fans! Guest performers sing together in multiple group numbers and each performs a solo.
The Paul A. Johnston Auditorium (Building D) is located on the main campus of Johnston Community College in Johnston County, North Carolina. We are 1 mile from the intersection of Interstate 95 and US Business 70 at 269 College Road in Smithfield. The Paul A. Johnston Auditorium it is the tallest building on campus behind the pond. You may enter on either side of the lobby.
Contact Zilphia Adcock with any questions at (919) 209-2534 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org