Cynthia DeFord Adams Literary Competition
The Cynthia DeFord Adams Literary Competition is an annual writing competition open to all registered JCC students. Students must be registered during the spring semester to be eligible to enter the competition.
Cash prizes are awarded to winning submissions in poetry, fiction, and non-fiction categories.
Writers can submit up to:
- 2 poems
- 2 works of fiction
- This includes short stories, flash fiction, and excerpts of longer works (for example, a novel or novella).
- Please no fan-fiction or screenplays.
- 2 works of creative non-fiction
- This includes personal narratives and memoirs.
- Please no research essays, speeches, etc.
Other guidelines for submissions:
- Each piece should be 2,000 words or fewer.
- Submissions should be double-spaced.
- Submissions must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
- No other formats will be accepted.
- The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2024.
- No submissions will be accepted after this date.