Smart Start to the Fall Semester
Greetings new and returning JCC students! Jaguar Nation is excited to welcome you to the new academic year. While this Fall Semester may be unlike any other, JCC remains committed to providing each and every one of you with a meaningful learning experience in the safest environment possible. We’re all in this together, even as we stay six feet apart wearing our face masks. We encourage you to be flexible yet focused as we embark on a collective journey of learning. Whether you are participating online or in person (or both), you belong here!
Did you know that JCC has been offering online courses since 1997? What sets us apart from other institutions is our unique blend of humanity and technology. Here are the ways you’ll be learning with us this semester:
More online class offerings!
- Asynchronous – completely online course without a fixed schedule.
- Synchronous – completely online course meeting on a fixed schedule.
- Smaller class numbers and/or larger classrooms.
- Social distancing and/or partitions between students.
- Facial coverings required.
We also recently added a component to our online learning management system called “Blackboard Collaborate,” which offers additional student and instructor tools to enhance the online class experience.