Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where do I locate my course schedule? The course schedule can be located in self-service, student menu, course schedule. https://selfserv.johnstoncc.edu/Student
2. How do I register for classes? Registration for classes is completed in Self-Service. Once you are logged in to Self-Service, click on student menu, then search for classes, select the current semester, search the class you are looking for, then follow the steps to complete the registration. https://selfserv.johnstoncc.edu/Student
3. How can I access my financial aid information? Financial aid information can be found in webadvisor and on the financial aid website. https://www.johnstoncc.edu/payingforcollege/financialaid/index.aspx
4. How do I access my classes in Blackboard? Use your username and password to log into Blackboard. once the semester has started, you will be able to see the classes you are registered for. https://bb.johnstoncc.edu/webapps/portal/execute/tabs/tabAction?tab_tab_group_id=_133_1
5. When and how do I make an appointment to meet with my advisor? What am I expected to have prepared for that meeting? On the JCC homepage, you will make an appointment with your advisor using appointment plus. Once you have made your appointment, you will prepare by using webadvisor to search for classes being offered that semester. Once you have decided on the classes you would like to take, write the information down and talk to your advisor about your selections. https://booknow.appointment-plus.com/3yjg3c6x/10
6. What can student services do for me and how do I contact them? Students services can assist students with educational planning, career planning, registration and transfer information. https://www.johnstoncc.edu/admissions-aid/index.aspx
7. I am a sworn law enforcement officer who wants to complete their AS degree, how do I get started? The first thing you need to do is complete an application for admission. https://www.johnstoncc.edu/ Once you have been accepted, please follow the next steps you will receive in an email from the admissions office.