ECU - Bioprocess Manufacturing Option
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology (BSIT)
Online AAS Degree Completion Program
East Carolina University
Description of Program
The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology (BSIT) is a degree completion curriculum designed for students who hold a qualifying Associate in Applied Science degree in an industrial or technology related field. There are two completion options: transfer to the main campus or complete online. All required technical courses are offered entirely over the Internet and on the main campus. For distance students, the semester based courses are delivered to allow students flexibility with regard to time and place. The Department of Industrial Technology has delivered internet-based instruction since 1995.
The BSIT Bioprocessing Manufacturing Optionprepares students for success and leadership in a wide range of careers in the bioprocessing and biomanufacturing fields. Graduates of this program have the skills for positions in quality operations and production planning, maintenance and operations, laboratory operations, and supervision. Students can apply up to 63 hours of community college credit toward the BSIT program. Graduates are qualified for career advancement opportunities both in technology and managerial fields.
- Complete a qualified associate of applied science degree program.
- Apply up to 60 semester hours from an accredited community college or technical institute.
- At least 60 semester hours must be completed at a four-year college or university.
- At least 33 semester hours of major coursework must be completed at ECU (available on-line).
- Only courses with a ‘C’ or better will transfer.
- Total 120 hours required for this degree.
Follow link this link to the BSIT curriculum as explained in the ECU academic catalog: http://catalog.ecu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=7&poid=1634&returnto=443
Program Coordinator: David Batts
Phone: (252) 328-9673 or (800) 398-9275
Academic Advisor: Jason Denius
Phone: (252) 328-9610