Begin your journey to a BioWork Certification
Steps to Enroll in this short-term course:
- Please click here to complete the online information session.
You must complete an information session prior to the next steps (listed below). Students must complete their own information session and cannot share screens to complete the information session.
- After the information session, you will need to show competency in both English/reading comprehension and mathematics. Here are the acceptable ways to prove competency:
- Be currently enrolled/accepted into the AAS Bioprocess Technology Degree program at JCC.
- Be currently enrolled/accepted as CCP High School student in this program.
- Passed college level English and Math with a "C" or better (ex: ENG 111 or MAT 110).
Must provide an official or unofficial transcript with the grade visible. High school courses do not qualify.
- Have taken TABE, Accuplacer, COMPASS, SAT, ACT, CRC or similar placement tests within the past five (5) years and can provide scores for review. Scores must be reviewed before program entry is granted.
- Graduated from JCC and have records of ENG 111 and MAT 110 (or higher) on file.
- Have taken placement tests at JCC and have records of completion.
- Silver level or higher National Career Readiness Certificate (WorkKeys Assessments).
- Register to take an upcoming placement test at JCC.
- Once you have decided how you may show competency, complete the form below and submit. Our staff will reach out to you within three business days if we have any questions or to confirm your placement testing date, if applicable.
Johnston County Workforce Development Center
135 Best Wood Drive, Clayton, NC 27520
JCC Biotechnology Coordinator
Questions about waivers or to submit transcripts electronically for review Email Amanda Maynard