Bio Blend 2.0
Expanding a multi-skilled
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Technician
Pipeline to meet industry needs
Are you interested in learning more about the Bio Blend program?
Contact the Bio Blend career coach for more information!
Bio Blend offers certificate and degree options. Students enrolled in Bio Blend have the potential to receive the following certificates:
- BioWork Certificate
- DeltaV Certificate (supported by National Science Foundation Grant)
- Bio Blend Certificate (supported by National Science Foundation Grant)
Bio Blend Program Goals:
- Modify Bio Blend curriculum, course progression, and resources based on stakeholder
feedback and expand to all AE and BT degree students
Bio Blend Certificate now includes the following courses:
MNT 110 – Introduction to Maintenance = 2 credits
ATR 112 – Introduction to Automation= 3 credits
BPM 110 – Bioprocess Practices=5 credits
PTC 110 – Industrial Environment=3 credits
* Continuing education and curriculum courses available to achieve the Bio Blend certificate.
- Improve the Talent Pipeline to meet workforce and industry needs by developing a work-based
learning experience and soft skills training offered to all AE and BT students.
- Engagement opportunities between students and industry
- Internship opportunities
- Increase neurodiversity in the BT and AE programs to include more individuals from
the autism spectrum
- TEACCH Autism Program TSTEP course at JCC
- Training for staff/faculty/industry
Our Partners: Grifols • Novo Nordisk • Public School System *TEACCH Autism Program
Bio Blend Career Coach