Practical Nursing 2023 will begin Fall 2023 (August)
Application Deadline for Fall 2023 is March 1, 2023
Applications will be available August 16, 2022.
LPN to Associate Degree Nursing Application available from August 1, 2022 to October 1, 2022
The Practical Nursing curriculum provides knowledge and skills to integrate safety and quality into nursing care to meet the needs of the holistic individual which impact health, quality of life, and achievement of potential.
Course work includes and builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, and the holistic individual. Content emphasizes safe, individualized nursing care and participation in the interdisciplinary team while employing evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and informatics.
Graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-PN) which is required for practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Employment opportunities include hospitals, rehabilitation/long term care/home health facilities, clinics, and physicians’ offices.
To find out more about a career as a Licensed Practical Nurse, click here: https://explorehealthcareers.org/career/nursing/licensed-practical-nurse/
The Practical Nursing program is approved by the North Carolina Board of Nursing (NCBON).
How do I get started?
- Apply to the College and complete the NC Residency Determination process. Indicate nursing as the desired program of interest on your application to the college.
- Submit all transcripts (including high school and all colleges attended).
- Complete the JCC Admissions Connect Session online.
- Complete a Virtual Health Science Information Session.
- Review and print the nursing program admission requirements to use as a guide for completion of all requirements for the nursing program.
- The Nursing Application Form is provided upon completion of the Virtual Health Information Session.
- It is important that you adhere to all admission criteria deadlines to be considered for admission to the nursing program.
- All questions concerning admissions (application, transcripts, etc.) should be referred to the Health Science Student Navigator, Assistant Program Director of Nursing Education Programs, or Department Chair of Nursing Education Programs.