Advanced EMT (AEMT)
NC AEMT course meets NC requirements for AEMT credential. The course is designed to build upon the EMT knowledge and provide health professionals with advance knowledge and skills to better their critical thinking.
The AEMT course is a total of 303 hours; 196 didactic hours; 107 clinical hours. Classes will be held on Tuesdays, 8:30am-5:30pm. Saturday and Sunday classes per course schedule. There is an online component to the course as well. Classes are held at JCC in the Public Safety Building.
Registration & Orientation:
Course Code: EMS 4300 01F
Course Dates: Tuesday, August 11th, 2020 until Tuesday, December 8th, 2020
Course Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm
Location: JCC Main Campus - Public Safety Building
Cost: Payment in the form of cash, money order, credit card or personal check can be made to the business office for the following items:
- $180 Registration fee (Fire and EMS may qualify for tuition waiver)
- Card fees for certification courses; PHTLS
- $19 Clinical Liability Insurance fee
- Information on clinical uniforms are provided during course
- $123 Platinum Planner and EMS Testing Accounts
- $104.75 Criminal Background Check and Drug Testing through Castlebranch
- Other expenses include course resource materials and additional text book cost for certification courses like PHTLS
Orientation: Orientation will be held on Tuesday, August 4th at 2pm in the Public Safety Building.
Late Registration: Late registration will be available in class the first day of the course on Tuesday,
- High School Diploma or GED
- Credentialed as NC EMT
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS card
- Successful completion of an entrance exam assessing reading comprehension on the post-secondary level, English language skills, and compliance with the mathematical skills on the high school level. (Completion of college level English and Math courses may exempt student from placement testing)
Brittany Jackson Baker