Associate Degree Nursing
Congratulations Class of 2022 and Nursing Faculty!
2022 NCLEX-RN Pass Rate is 100%
Associate Degree Nursing Advanced Placement (LPN to ADN) Application Deadline October 1st
Associate Degree Nursing Application Deadline March 1st
- Associate Degree Readmission Application Fall Deadline March 1st
- Associate Degree Readmission Application Spring/Summer Deadline October 1st
The Associate Degree Nursing curriculum provides knowledge, skills, and strategies to integrate safety and quality into nursing care, to practice in a dynamic environment, and to meet individual needs which impact health, quality of life, and achievement of potential.
Course work includes and builds upon the domains of healthcare, nursing practice, and the holistic individual. Content emphasizes the nurse as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing safe, individualized care while employing evidence-based practice, quality improvement, and informatics.
Graduates of this program are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). Employment opportunities are vast within the global health care system and may include positions within acute, chronic, extended, industrial, and community health care facilities.
Additional Information & Awards
- JCC ranked #2 in the state for its Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) program.https://www.nursingschoolsalmanac.com/rankings/adn/north-carolina
- 2021 NCLEX-RN first attempt pass rate is 100%!
Click Here to See NC Board of Nursing NCLEX Report for all NC nursing schools.
- JCC ranked #2 out of the 88 nursing schools in North Carolina, for its Registered
Nursing Program. https://www.nursingprocess.org/nursing-schools/north-carolina/#best-registered-nursing-programs.
JCC's Pass rate over the last three years is 90.4% (2022, 2021, 2020)
The state average for 2021 is 78%, and three year average is 82%.
The national average for 2021 is 82%, and three year average is 86%.
The Associate Degree Nursing program at Johnston Community College, located in Smithfield,
NC, is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate Degree nursing program is Continuing Accreditation.
How do I get started?
For students who are new to JCC, please complete all of the following steps.
For students who are currently enrolled at JCC, please skip directly to step 4.
- Apply to the College and complete the NC Residency Determination process. Indicate nursing as the desired program of interest on your application to the college.
- Submit all transcripts (including high school and all colleges attended).
- Complete the JCC Admissions Connect Session online.
- Complete a Virtual Health Science Information Session.
- Review and print the nursing program admission requirements to use as a guide for completion of all requirements for the nursing program.
- The Nursing Application Form is provided upon completion of the Virtual Health Information Session.
- It is important that you adhere to all admission criteria deadlines to be considered for admission to the nursing program.
- All questions concerning admissions (application, transcripts, etc.) should be referred to the Health Science Student Navigator, Assistant Program Director of Nursing Education Programs, or Department Chair of Nursing Education Programs.
Office: Health F174A