The Education programs at Johnston Community College prepare individuals to work with children from infancy in early childhood centers through high school learning environments.
These programs lead to an associate degree or various diplomas or certificates in the field of education.
Several programs offer opportunities for students to transfer to a senior institution to complete a bachelors degree with teacher licensure (B-K/Birth to Kindergarten, Elementary Education, Middle Grades, High School, and Special Education).
Programs of Study
College Transfer Degrees
Early Childhood Education
- Associate of Applied Science Professional
Associate of Applied Science in
Early Childhood Education - Licensure
- Associate of Applied Science in
Early Childhood Education - Non-Licensure
- Associate in Science in Teacher Preparation
- Associate in Arts in Teacher Preparation
- Career and College Promise Pathways
- BSAC - Basic School-Age Care Training
- Teacher Assistant Training
- Substitute Teacher Training
Tonia Padrick. M.A. Ed.
Department Chair of Education Programs