- How long does it take to earn the Cyber Security Degree?
If you are taking 5-6 classes each semester (Fall, Spring) you could expect to complete the degree within two years.
- Do I need prior Information Technology knowledge to be successful in the degree?
No, the degree is designed to provide the technical core needed to complete the pathway.
- Do you offer anything I could finish in one semester in Cyber Security?
No, Information Technology is the technical core of Cyber Security. Based on industry research, employers are seeking potential graduates that have knowledge of the fundamentals. Cyber Security builds upon a student’s firm understanding of Information Technology.
- Will I learn how to become a hacker?
Yes and no. The Cyber Security Degree will provide hands on experience with penetration testing tools under the supervision of a qualified professional. The purpose of these tools is to develop a student’s understanding of core aspect of Cyber Security. Subsequently students will have the framework to address vulnerabilities within an employer’s network and provide a plan to manage risk and ensure data protection. Students must abide by the student code of conduct at all times.
- Can I get started in the pathway if I’m still in High School?
Yes, please visit our CCP page for additional information on the Cyber Security Certification.
- Will you offer additional certifications in the future?
Yes, in collaboration with Industry partners, JCC is reviewing options for additional certifications. Please see our website for updates in the near future.