Transfer Veteran Student

If you are transferring your benefits from another institution, follow the steps below. Prior to enrolling, Service members are encouraged to speak with Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service. 

1. Apply and be accepted to Johnston Community College.

2. Complete a 22-1995 (22-5495 – for Chapter 35 dependents) form for change in training place designation. This form is available online or at the Financial Aid Office along with the additional forms we need to complete your certification process.

3. Provide the VA Certifying Official with a copy of your current schedule. This needs to be completed every semester to receive your benefits.