Online/Hybrid Course Development Request Process
Congratulations on your decision to develop an online or hybrid course! The steps below for requesting approval will guide you through the process for requesting approval from the JCC Curriculum Committee - the first step in our process:
STEP 1: Curriculum Committee Approval
- Ensure that the course has been offered in a traditional face-to-face format at least one
- Have your Department AVP approve the request to offer the course in an online or hybrid format.
- Plan your development timeline.
* For Spring semester course offerings,
- Curriculum Committee approval may be received anytime prior to May 31st;
- course must be complete and presented to JOLT for approval by September 30th.
- Curriculum Committee approval may be received anytime prior to December 31st;
- course must be complete and presented to the DL Committee for approval by April 30th.
- Appoint at least one Subject Matter Expert who has agreed to participate in the course development
- Contact your Curriculum Committee Chair to be added to the Committee's agenda.
- Present your Course Development Plan to the Curriculum Committee
Once approved by the committee, course development may begin.
STEP 2: Course Development
- Contact a member of JOLT to set up an appointment to begin the process of course development.
After your meeting, your Blackboard "Master" template shell will be created.
- Collaborate with JOLT as you develop the course. Refer to the JOLT Online or Hybrid Course Development Guide & Rubric as you build your course to ensure that you are meeting all JCC online course best
practices for quality assurance.
- Seek final approval from your Department Chair/Director/Dean before adding course to Colleague.
If you have any questions about the process, please call JOLT at 919-464-2260 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.