Blackboard Video Tutorials
Brand new to Blackboard, or just need to brush up? Below are videos and links to web pages that include all you need to know!
This is the same content you will find at Blackboard's Faculty Quickstart website, but organized on a single page, by category, to make searching easier. All tutorials refer to Blackboard Learn version 9.1 but, because the product is very customizable, your system may look somewhat different from the examples. Video tutorials have a video camera icon. Printable tutorials have a PDF icon. All videos open in a new window.
Depending on the speed of your internet connection, videos may take a few seconds to load. Most videos are under three minutes in length. PDFs require the free Adobe Reader.
- Your Course Environment
- Select the Page Where Users Enter Your Course
- Adding a Banner to Your Course Entry Point
- Creating a Blank Page (for displaying content) on the Course Menu
- Uploading One or More Files to Your Course
- Adding an Avatar to Personalize your Course Environment
- Getting Started with Course Content
- Using the Text Editor
- How to Design Your Course Entry Point
- How to Edit Your Course Home Page
- Adding a Page to the Course Menu
- How to Add a Tool Link to Your Course
- How to Turn Tools On and Off in a Course
- How To Add Content to a Learning Module
- How to Add Partner Content and Textbooks to Blackboard Learn
- Attaching Files from Course Files in Blackboard
- How to Add/Create a Mashup (external videos, etc.)
- How to Add a Glossary Term
- How to Create a Profile
- How to use Student Preview