Whitetail Deer and Feral Pig
Quality deer management practices are strictly followed for whitetail deer harvests. Feral pigs are harvested to control the extent of damage done by these feral animals.
There are a total of 12 slots for the Oct-Dec Stewardship hunts and 12 slots for the Jan-Mar Stewardship hunts. All hunters for the Stewardship hunt must also meet the general regulations requirements for qualified hunters at Howell Woods.
Pay slots for the Stewardship deer/feral pig hunts will be filled on a first pay basis. Slots can only be reserved with a $100.00 deposit or full payment for the total number of slots requested. Deposits are non-refundable unless Howell Woods Staff cancels the hunt due to Severe Weather or extenuating circumstances.
Subject to change on a yearly basis.
All monies collected from all the hunting related activities that are conducted on the property are used to fund the continued operations that benefit the ongoing wildlife/habitat management, environmental education, and low impact outdoor recreation activities. Simply put, wildlife conservation pays for wildlife conservation!
Fall/Winter Season September - December
- Feral Pig and Whitetail Deer - $350.00/two days-$450.00 Three days (legal shooting hours)
- Fall Feral Pig Hunt- $300.00/two days-$400.00/Three days
- Small Buck Harvest Penalty - $250.00
- Button Buck Harvest Penalty- $25.00
Spring Season January - March
- Feral Pigs Only - $300.00/two days-$400.00/three Days- $500.00/four days (noon - 1.5hrs after official sunset