Cap & Gown
Graduation ceremonies will be hosted in the following manner: Drive-Thru and Virtual.
Graduates have received a detailed letter from the President with specific guidance as well as email communication which was delivered to your @mail.johnstoncc.edu email address.
For questions about graduation regalia, contact SM8088@bncollege.com
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 10, 2020
Career and Technical Education
- You should have received an email delivered to your JCC email address that will provide a link for you to r.s.v.p. to this ceremony.
- If you have not already done so, you will be given the opportunity to purchase graduation
regalia which includes the option for a robe, cap, tassel, and degree cover through
our JCC Barnes and Noble Bookstore.
When you r.s.v.p. to the ceremony, you will be directed to questions relevant to purchasing the regalia such as height and weight ranges. The JCC Barnes and Noble Bookstore will be open from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. daily Monday, June 1 – Friday, June 5 in order for you to pick up and pay for the regalia you have ordered.
Graduation regalia is not required to participate in the drive thru ceremony.
- You are welcome to bring family members in one vehicle to enjoy the experience with you. *** If your family drives in another vehicle, they will be unable to enter the property at JCC and will miss seeing your drive thru ceremony. They must accompany you in your one vehicle. ***
- You and your family members must stay in your one vehicle at all times.
- You are welcome to decorate your vehicle with artwork, etc. as long as the wording, symbols, drawings, etc. are appropriate.
- You should plan to arrive no later than 5:30 p.m. to the Wilson Building parking lot on JCC’s main campus located at 245 College Road.
- The ceremony for the drive thru will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. Members of the Board of Trustees, Administrative Council, faculty and staff will join me and will be on hand to congratulate you.
- As the graduate, you should be seated in the right front passenger side of the vehicle. If you are alone, please have your right side window down in your vehicle.
- You and your family must practice social distancing at all times.
- You should follow directional signs and the directions of safety and security personnel throughout the ceremony.
- Though not required, I encourage you to wear any graduation regalia you have purchased.
- At no time will you be allowed out of your vehicle. This is truly a drive thru experience that allows the College to celebrate your accomplishments while maintaining the Governor’s Executive Orders for social distancing and to not have large numbers of individuals congregating.
- You will receive a few items of JCC Swag to enhance your graduation experience