Frequently Asked Questions.

Associate In Arts

The required and elective general education courses are generally the same for the Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees.

However, the Associate in Science degree requires more semester credit hours in Mathematics and Natural Sciences and fewer semester credit hours in Humanities and Social Behavioral Science. 

Students pursuing the Associate in Science will likely take more Natural Sciences and/or Mathematics as their pre-major courses.
That depends on your academic strengths, interests, and expected major after transferring from Johnston Community College.

We suggest that you research your expected major at the senior institutions to see the math and science requirements.

If your expected major requires two or more levels of math and/or science courses and you feel you can excel in these courses, you may want to consider the Associate in Science degree.
The Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) (PDF) applies to all fifty-eight North Carolina community colleges and all sixteen constituent institutions of The University of North Carolina.

The CAA (PDF) is applicable to all North Carolina community college students who successfully complete a course designated as transferable or graduate with an A.A. or A.S. degree and transfer to a constituent institution of The University of North Carolina. 

To be eligible for the transfer of credits under the CAA (PDF), the student must graduate from the community college with an Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degree and have an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale and a grade of "C" or better in all CAA (PDF)

Students who do not complete the degree are eligible to transfer credits on a course-by course basis.
The first is that you will have a higher education credential! Also, if you earn an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree (with a 2.0 GPA or higher) at Johnston Community College and have followed the prescribed pre-major pathway created by the UNC school of your choice, you can enter a UNC institution as a junior.

If you do not complete an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree prior to transferring, your course work will be evaluated on a course by course basis.
Some colleges and universities have special requirements for some of their degree programs. If you have decided where you plan to transfer, contact or visit the admissions office and request information on the degree program you are interested in.

This information can be used in planning your course work at Johnston Community College. When in doubt about specific courses always consult the college to which you are planning to transfer.
Enrolled as a full-time student taking the recommended course load (15 SCH) each semester, an Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree can be completed in four semesters.
Yes. An Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree can be completed on a part-time basis at night. To complete either of the degrees at night will require a minimum of six semesters.
Developmental courses are offered to provide students an opportunity to remove academic deficiencies as identified by placement testing.

The number of courses needed and length of time required to complete the courses will vary.

Some students may need only one course, while others may take several semesters to complete a series of courses.
Yes. However, courses that are not in your degree program will not count toward your degree. Courses not in your degree program may be taken for personal enrichment or for skill development. Courses not in your degree program may not be eligible for financial aid.

Associates in Science

Associates In Engineering (AE)

Currently there is not an admission process for the Associates in Engineering (AE) degree. The AE degree is a rigorous academic program so we do encourage students to reflect on their ability to complete the curriculum.
Besides the three required engineering courses, the AE degree has significantly more math required for completion of the program.
The agreement presents a uniform, statewide academic progression agreement that will promote educational advancement opportunities for Associate in Engineering degree completers moving between NC community colleges and the member institutions of The University of North Carolina in order to complete Bachelor of Science in Engineering degrees.

The AE to BSE AA is a plan that includes required general education and prerequisites courses that are acceptable to all state funded Bachelor of Engineering programs. Students who follow the progression degree plan will meet the entrance requirements at all of the UNC Bachelor of Science Engineering programs.

Associate in Engineering graduates may then apply to any of these programs without taking additional and sometimes duplicative courses.

Because engineering program admissions are competitive, no student is guaranteed admission to an engineering program.
There are five UNC schools of engineering participating in the AE to BSE Articulation Agreement. The schools are NC State University, NC A&T, East Carolina University, UNC Charlotte and Western Carolina University.
Yes, you can earn an engineering degree as a part-time student. However, because of prerequisite requirements, you should be careful about what courses you take and talk to an advisor every semester so that you can earn the degree as quickly as possible.

If you attend as a part-time student, please understand that the degree will take longer than 4 semester.
No, this is not an on-line degree program. Most courses will be offered in a traditional classroom and laboratory setting. You may have the option of taking some general education courses completely on-line or hybrid, if they are available, but most of your classes will be seated face to face with your instructor.
Classes will be scheduled to accommodate the needs of as many students as possible. All required classes have been scheduled within two time blocks AM courses 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon and PM courses 12:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. and offered Monday – Friday.

We hope this schedule will help students better balance their schedule with their other responsibilities. As the number of students attending the program increases, additional sections will be offered.

A number of the math and science courses are regularly offered in the summer as well.

Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)

The academy is a full-time day academy that lasts 17 weeks. Classes normally run from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with extended weekend and night training in firearms, patrol techniques, and driver training at the discretion of the BLET School Director

Students may receive 19 credit hours toward their associate degree at Johnston Community College upon completion of the academy.
Cadets participate in a demanding but obtainable program consisting of physical activities preparing them for a challenging career in law enforcement.  Physical fitness activities include running, weight training, and group exercises.  The weekly academic tests are administered to determine proficiency and in preparation for the comprehensive State exam.
No. Graduates must be hired or "sworn-in" by a law enforcement agency within 12 months from the date of the state exam.
If the student acquires a sponsorship letter from a police or sheriff department, then there is no charge for tuition for taking BLET. The student is responsible for books, a physical examination, all required uniforms, and costs associated with the application process.

The costs of books, fees, and uniforms are approximately $1,500.
Yes. JCC will provide required ammunition at no additional cost to the students.

Campus Safety


Career and College Promise (CCP)

No, except for some non-credit courses taken on a self-supporting basis (i.e. safe driving courses).
No, however, students wishing to enroll in more than 21 credit hours simultaneously must have approval from their advisor and the College's Chief Academic Officer.
Yes, students enrolled in courses to complete a pathway during a term may concurrently enroll in additional courses to complete the associated degree program within the same term.
Yes, all curriculum courses (Fall, Spring, and Summer) taken by CCP students at community colleges in accordance with in G.S. 115D-20(4). are tuition-waived except courses offered on a self-supporting basis (i.e. safe driving courses).
All community college courses included on the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) will receive weighted credit in accordance with NCDPI policy GCS-L-004. CTE and other courses not included in the CAA are not eligible for weighted credit.
Yes, principals are permitted to award dual credit based upon course content relative to available high school courses and State Board of Education policy GCS-M-001, which allows students in a College Transfer pathway to receive high school credit toward graduation requirements using community college courses. Additionally, some CTE college courses may count towards high school CTE core requirements. Reference NCDPI Dual Credit Allowances and contact the high school counselor/principal for more information.
CCP students enrolled in community college courses will be held to the same attendance and academic requirements as traditional college students. Students should refer to their college course syllabi for attendance information. Note that college course absences/tardies are not considered excused/unexcused.
No, CCP is a dual enrollment program so the student must be enrolled in high school classes in order to take college classes through CCP. Thus, high school graduates (or high school students not enrolled in at least one class) cannot participate in CCP. However, if the student's last high school semester ends after the relevant JCC semester starts, the student would still be eligible for CCP.

Example 1: January 2023 seniors that graduate after January 6th are eligible for Spring 2023 classes through CCP.

Example 2: May 2023 seniors that graduate after May 16th are eligible for Summer 2023 classes through CCP.

No, required course materials and student fees are the student’s responsibility, however there may be local provisions for them. A student’s high school, the school district, or another local organization may cover these costs. Students should check with their principal or counselor to verify how these costs are paid.
No, transportation or funds for transportation are not available to CCP students except for Cooperative Innovative High Schools (ECA and CTLA) who receive transportation funds as part of a larger funding allotment for the district.
Students wishing to update their CCP primary/secondary pathway(s) must submit a Change of Pathway Form.
Unofficial transcripts can be viewed by the student via WebAdvisor. Official transcripts can be requested online via JCC Transcript Ordering Services or a request form in the Registrar's office (C1500, Wilson Building).
Stay the Course was discontinued due to depleted resources effective February 1, 2020. Alternative financial solutions for high school graduates can be found in the JCC scholarship portal.
Yes, students attending a private, charter, or registered home school may participate in CCP. Students are required to establish eligibility using the same criteria applied to public school students (GPA, assessment scores). Non-public high school students not using traditional grading scales shall follow JCC's established procedures for assessing eligibility and determining placement.
  • Student name, DOB, and address
    High school name
  • High school administrator's name and signature
  • Completed and in-progress courses broken down by the academic year (i.e. 2021-2022 | Freshman year)
  • Date of high school entry and projected graduation date (MM/DD/YYYY)
  • Cumulative, unweighted GPA

Cashier's Office

Students will not receive a bill after registering for classes. They need to visit the cashier office or access their Self-Service account to verify their balance.

Dates for registration, payments etc. are always posted on the Academic Calendar. This can be found on the main JCC website or by visiting

Students that have registered for classes and have not paid by the last day are subject to deregistration.
  • Self- Service – Choose Student Finance Self Service, then under Student Finance; choose Make a Payment
  • Cashier Window – Cash, Check, Money Order, Credit/Debit Cards
  • By Phone to the Cashier – Using all major credit cards (919)209-2165
  • Nelnet Payment Plan – Set up through Web Advisor under Student Financial Self Service
  • Financial Aid – Make sure all award amounts are verified with the FA office prior to last day to pay.
  • Sponsorships – (Paid by employer or third party) Sponsorship information must be on file in the business office prior to last day to pay.
  • To set up a payment plan, students must log into Self-Service. Choose the tab for Financial Information, Student Finance, drop-down at the top of the page, and then choose Payment Plan Management.

    Follow the steps as prompted to sign up for the plan.

    Payment plans dates coincide with registration and payment dates.

    Please check the academic calendar for specific dates and be sure to sign up by the advertised payment deadline.
  • Please note the following in regards to payment plans: Down payment is 33% of the amount due, plus a $25 enrollment fee.

    The remaining balance is divided into 2 equal payments and automatically deducted on prearranged dates set forth prior to each semester. 
  • Nelnet administers a $30 returned payment fee for any payment attempt that does not complete for any reason.
  • A new payment plan must be set up for each semester.
  • If receiving Financial Aid, the aid amount will be credited to the account after classes begin and will automatically adjust the remaining payments due.

    Any overpayment will be refunded. 

Students should pay for classes immediately after registering. Continuing Education (CE) classes must be paid for no later than 5 business days prior to classes beginning. Payment for CE classes maybe made in person, by phone, by cash, check, debit or credit cards.

Exceptions: Please note that Streetsafe and Defensive Driving classes must be paid for immediately in order to complete your registration (save you seat in class).

Please make payments via credit/debit card, money order, cashier’s check, or cash for all Streetsafe, Defensive Driving or Motorcycle Safety classes. Checks are not accepted for these classes.

The sponsorship form must be on company letterhead, be completed in its entirety, and signed by an authorized party.

Submission of a new sponsorship form is required each semester.

Sponsored students should plan accordingly by submitting the sponsorship form to the Business Office no later than the last day to pay each semester.

It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the Business Office receives the form. The Business Office cannot process a student’s sponsorship without the form or voucher from the sponsoring agency.

Student are responsible for any amount not paid by the third-party.

If a sponsorship is not received by the payment due date, the student is subject to deregistration of their classes due to non-payment.

Books and/or supplies cannot be included on Johnston Community College’s sponsorship form. To obtain sponsorship information for books and supplies, please contact Barnes and Noble at (919) 209-2104.

Curriculum Class Refunds

In order to receive a FULL refund, the class must be dropped prior to first day of classes. Following the start of the semester, a 75% refund of tuition only is offered if the class is dropped by the census date. The census date is the 10% point of the class. This information should be listed in each course syllabus.

Please be aware, the last day to drop without a grade penalty is not the same thing as the last day to drop to receive a refund. Refunds are never credited back to the card or account used to make the payment. (See BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. section below.)

Fees are NOT refundable if class is dropped AFTER the start date.

Please check the census dates for fast track classes, these will have a shorter drop period. If you have financial aid or you set up a payment plan, we suggest checking with the Business Office and/or Financial Aid before dropping any courses. Payment plan payments are still owed if you begin attending the courses. Please contact Registration to complete the drop process.

JCC recommends that ALL students make sure their mailing address is correct in the system, this is the address in which these checks will be mailed.

Continuing Education Refund Policy

A student who officially withdraws (in writing) from a Continuing Education course prior to the first class meeting is eligible for a 100% refund upon request.

A student MAY be eligible to receive a 75% refund of the registration fee if the student officially withdraws (in writing) from the course after the class begins but prior to the 10% census date.

A student would not be entitled to receive a refund if he/she withdraws after the 10% census date of the course.

Courses offered as self-supporting, denoted by (SS) beside the course title, (motorcycle, BSAC, etc.) are not eligible for a refund as these programs are solely funded by registration fees collected.

Students are eligible for a 100% refund if the class is cancelled by the College.

Continuing Education refunds are processed twice a month. Once Registration receives the proper paperwork to drop the class, it is forwarded to the Business Office. A check will be mailed out at the next date CE refunds are processed. Students should be aware it can be up to 30 days before they may receive a refund check. 

Career and College Promise (CCP) Student, Early College, Etc.

Career and College Promise (CCP), or dual-enrolled high school students may be required to pay different types of fees. The fee calculations are based on specific student types. Homeschool, Public School and Private/Charter School students may be required to pay different fees. 

Please contact the Business Office at (919)209-2545 to request more information regarding your JCC account. 

Cyber Security Degree

If you are taking 5-6 classes each semester (Fall, Spring) you could expect to complete the degree within two years.
No, the degree is designed to provide the technical core needed to complete the pathway.
No, Information Technology is the technical core of Cyber Security. Based on industry research, employers are seeking potential graduates that have knowledge of the fundamentals. Cyber Security builds upon a student’s firm understanding of Information Technology.

Yes and no. The Cyber Security Degree will provide hands on experience with penetration testing tools under the supervision of a qualified professional.

The purpose of these tools is to develop a student’s understanding of core aspect of Cyber Security. Subsequently students will have the framework to address vulnerabilities within an employer’s network and provide a plan to manage risk and ensure data protection. Students must abide by the student code of conduct at all times.

Yes, please visit our CCP page for additional information on the Cyber Security Certification.
Yes, in collaboration with Industry partners, JCC is reviewing options for additional certifications. Please see our website for updates in the near future.                                                            

Program Contacts:                                                                          Dr. Jonathan Lane                                                              Information Technology Instructor
919 209 2509

Mr. David Oliver
Information Technology Instructor
919 209-2204

Early Childhood Education

You apply to the college as a Special Credit Student if you only plan to take this one course. Once you hear from the admissions office that you are accepted, you meet with an advisor to schedule to take the EDU 119 Intro to Early Childhood course.

You will register and pay for the course before the deadline, then purchase your books from the bookstore.

When classes begin for the semester, you log into Blackboard from the Johnston Community College website to begin the course.

You must pass with a grade of "C" or better to apply for the credentials from the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education. The instructor will give you that information at the end of the semester.

Note: Financial Aid will not apply to Special Credit students, however, TEACH scholarships are available through the NC Child Development Services Association.

You need to take EDU 119-Intro to Early Childhood Education class. Click Admission & Aid tab on the JCC webpage. Click Apply for Admissions and then in that page click Special Credit/Visiting Student links. 

Follow the steps required to be admitted into the college and eligible to register for EDU 119.
Different positions in education require different courses and numbers of course hours for employment.

Please check with the employer to confirm their requirements, and view our minimum course requirement guide (PDF) to working in early childhood education and related fields.
JCC has embedded several workforce training requirements within our course requirements. Many students want to take additional classes to further their knowledge and also meet required workforce training needs in NC (DOCX).
JCC's Early Childhood Education program strives to provide students with many opportunities for field observation and practice prior to graduation.

Many courses contain assignments that require observation or practice in a classroom with children. We partner with our on-site lab child development center as well as other high quality local children's programming sites for these experiences. Please contact us for more information.
Although students who have obtained their NC Early Childhood Credential through the Division of Child Development and Early Education (DCDEE) years ago by taking:

EDU 111-ECE Credential I and EDU 112-ECE Credential II do not have to resubmit paperwork to the DCDEE,

EDU 111 and EDU 112 courses are no longer part of the NC Community College System Early Childhood programs (courses were archived).

EDU 119 is required for all Early Childhood Education AAS majors and is not the same course as EDU 111 and EDU 112.
Yes, many local high schools have early childhood education courses (ECE I and II) that can be taken as part of the high school curriculum and can result in college credit for EDU 119 if particular requirements are met.

In addition, as of Fall 2013 Johnston Community College in collaboration with Johnston County Schools, has established a Career and College Promise (CCP) pathway for students to begin working on either our Early Childhood Education Certificate and/or our Infant/Toddler Care Certificate career and technical education pathway while in high school! The courses and books are free, and students earn both high school and college credit.

More information on the career and college promise opportunities at JCC can be found at: Career and College Promise and Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathways.

Financial Aid

The academic year is defined as fall and spring semesters, with an optional summer. Fall semester begins in August and ends in December, spring semester begins in January and ends in May, and summer school starts in May and ends in July.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or, if you are a continuing student, the Renewal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (RFAFSA). Either of these can be submitted between the October prior to the beginning of the academic year and the June of the summer session following the academic year.

For example, for the 2017-2018 academic year, you may apply between October 2016 and June 2018.
Yes. The best time to apply is immediately after completing your tax return for the prior-prior calendar year. No earlier than October of the prior year.
You are not required to attend full-time to receive financial aid. The amount that you are awarded is prorated according to the number of credit hours for which you enroll.
Financial aid is based on the principle that it is the responsibility of the student and his or her parents to pay for the student's education. The Pell Grant is a federal government program for funding education. The federal regulations clearly state that, if you are under 24, not married or supporting a dependent, you must use your parents’ income.
You must use your prior-prior tax return for your initial application regardless of current income. However, after the Department of Education sends us your Student Aid Report, you may file a Special and Unusual Financial Circumstances Form. You must provide proof of current income with this request. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for additional information at 919-209-2036.
No. The award is for the academic year that you applied for only. If you do not use it all during that year, you never get the unused portion.
Students enrolled full-time (12 hrs) Fall and Spring will not have any Pell funds remaining for Summer unless they enrolled at least half-time (6 hrs) for summer then they may be eligible for additional Year-Round Pell depending on their EFC score and other eligibility requirements.
Please see the JCC catalog or pick up the Satisfactory Academic Progress information sheet in the Financial Aid Office. There are three rules that affect your compliance with Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Yes, but your application processing cannot be completed, or an award made, until you have been accepted in an approved program of study.
Students in these courses are not eligible for the Pell Grant or the North Carolina State Grants. The only financial aid available for them is a JCC Foundation Scholarship.
Government regulations require that students receiving financial aid maintain satisfactory academic progress. One such requirement is that you maintain a 2.0 grade point average. Another is that you must pass a minimum of two-thirds of the total cumulative credit hours attempted. This means that failing grades and withdrawals will count against you.
Generally, grants and scholarships do not have to be repaid. Student loans will have to be repaid after you are no longer enrolled. You may be required to repay a portion of any Pell Grant and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) funds you received if you withdraw from school completely on or before the 60% point of the semester.
Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, books, and supplies as well as some basic living expenses such as housing, food, transportation, and personal items. Averages are used for each of these expenses rather than exact costs of the individual student.
Each year the Financial Aid Office establishes student educational budgets for use in determining the student's need. These budgets, although modest, are seen as adequate for the typical student. Where you live, whether you buy new or used books, and your general spending habits will determine what your actual expenses will be. A copy of the current year's budget may be obtained from the Financial Aid Office.
The Department of Education applies a formula created by Congress to the information on your FAFSA. It considers the total taxable and nontaxable income, the family's assets, the number of people in the household, the number of college students, and the age and marital status of the parents.
Generally, you must be able to answer 'yes' to at least one of the questions in the student status section of the FAFSA to be considered independent. If you have extenuating circumstances that you feel should qualify you as independent, you may contact the Financial Aid Office for consideration of those circumstances. However, federal regulations clearly state that the following do not qualify you to be classified as independent:
  • you do not live with your parents.
  • your parents are financially unable to pay for your college education.
  • your parents refuse to pay for your college education.
  • you do not want your parents' help.
Verification is a process by which the accuracy of the information on your FAFSA is confirmed by the Financial Aid Office. If your application is selected for verification, the Financial Aid Office will contact you for additional information, including copies of your federal tax return (and your parent's if you are a dependent student).

You will not be awarded any financial aid until all requested documents are completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office. In addition to the applicants selected by the Department of Education, the school is also required to verify applications that seem to have conflicting information.
Failing to read the FAFSA instructions - they tell you how to correctly complete it.

Filing late - you should file at least two months before you plan to register.

Leaving blank lines.

Writing or typing incorrect social security numbers.

Failure to sign all the forms submitted to the Financial Aid Office (especially the tax return copies).
If you are classified as a dependent student (under 24 and not married or supporting a dependent), you are ineligible for financial aid without this information.

Health Education & Nurse Aide

Curriculum NAS courses—See Advisor. Continuing Education for all courses—complete online orientation for desired program, submit post test at end of online orientation. Once submitted, the administrative assistant will receive an email which will in turn allow us to reach out to you for a registration appointment.
You must have a high school diploma, high school equivalency diploma (GED), or reading placement test score. The reading placement test can be taken at the Academic Skills Center if you do not have a diploma/GED.
You must have your Driver’s License, Social Security Card, and a copy of Diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma (GED). A transcript with graduation date or Reading Placement Test Score is also acceptable. Even if diploma/transcript is already on file with the college, an actual copy of the diploma/transcript must be provided during registration.
Course dates and times vary. Please see JCC website for details. Enter desired course in search box on website and all information will be displayed for you.
Dress Code Policy – The complete policy is located in handout packet purchased at the Bookstore. On the first day of class, the policy is reviewed and the student signs agreeing to adhere to policy throughout the semester.

Dress Code Policy Key Points:

  • Tops/pants – neat, clean, wrinkle-free Caribbean blue scrub; a   solid white shirt may be worn under the scrub top. Pants must fit at the natural waist and be long enough to cover the ankle. Students must purchase a school adopted uniform. This uniform   must be worn on the first day and at all times during class, lab and clinical
  • Shoes - white non-canvas, closed toe, closed heel
  • Socks/Hose - white (no portion of the leg or ankle should be visible)
  • Hair - must be neat, clean, and modestly arranged so not to touch the collar
  • Make-up - must be kept to a minimum. Perfumes, colognes are not allowed
  • Nails - must be short, clean, and free of any nail polish or artificial covering of any type
  • Tattoos - must be covered
  • Jewelry - watch, med.-alert necklace/bracelet, a modest single ring, and a single pair of post earrings in the ears are the only visible jewelry allowed
  • Equipment needed – watch with a second hand, stethoscope, Johnston Community College and clinical agency photo ID, black pen
The clinical site is Johnston UNC Health Care (Smithfield Campus and Clayton Campus) for Nurse Aide and EKG. Phlebotomy clinical sites are facilities that are in Johnston County, as well as surrounding counties.
Yes, American Heart Association Basic Life Service provider is required for all courses in our programs.
Yes, all programs are accredited.

No code necessary. To purchase background/drug screen and medical document manager, click on link provided and follow directions given to you during registration.


Yes, a criminal background check and urine drug screen is required and is reviewed by the clinical sites for clearance.
Yes. Clinical sites make the decision on clearance. Clinical portion is required for course completion.
  • MMR-Evidence of 2 vaccines or positive MMR titer result
  • Varicella-Evidence of 2 vaccines or positive titer 
  • Hepatitis B-Evidence of 3 vaccines, in the process of receiving the vaccine series, or sign declination form.  If declination form is needed, locate the declination form in your CastleBranch account.  Locate the Hep B declination form by clicking on Hepatitis B on your to do list making a drop-down box appear.  Click on the download file to print declination form. Sign and date the form.  Upload the completed form back to CastleBranch. You can also find the form by clicking on this link declination form (PDF).
  • TB skin test-2 step method required or Quantiferon TB Gold test. If you do the 2 step method, you must get 2 TB skin tests one to three weeks apart. This means you get a TB skin test placed and read, and one to three weeks later, you will have another TB skin test placed and read.
  • Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap)-Vaccination that must be current which means administered to you in the last 10 years.
  • Covid vaccine(s) required by the clinical agencies. You may file a medical exemption. The medical exemption has to be signed by a medical provider (Physician/PA or Nurse Practitioner). Medical exemptions are reviewed, and if not approved, Covid vaccines must be obtained by requirement deadline.
  • Influenza (Flu) vaccine-administered to you during the current flu season.
  • Physical Examination-current (in the last year) physical. Our physical form must be used. To locate your physical form, sign in to your CastleBranch account once created, click on Physical Examination located on the to do list, a drop-down box will appear, and click on download file to print the form. Make sure you have this form before going to the doctor to have your physical completed. You can also find the form by click on this link Annual physical examination (PDF).
  • BLS/CPR-current, American Heart Association BLS card (card is current for 2 years).

On the first day of class.

Please have the following documents to give to your instructor on the first day of class to show the requirements have been met:

  • Background Confirmation Email
  • Urine Chain of Custody Form
  • To Do List Summary from Castle Branch-see directions below on how to print

How To Print Your “To-Do List Summary Report”
Please complete the following steps to print out your To-Do List Summary Report:

  1. Log in to your Certified Profile account.
  2. From the main page, navigate to the left panel and choose "Document Center" and then select "My Documents" from the drop-down list. This will show you a list of folders.
  3. Click on the folder labeled “Clinical Requirements ____” (Following the Clinical Requirements will be two letters followed by two numbers. These will be different for each program.)
  4. Locate the file named "Results_901...........pdf" (Every student's number in this file name will be different). Click on the file name.
  5. Click on the orange DOWNLOAD button on the right under the file name (You may need to scroll the window over to the right to see the button).
  6. You will then need to save and print the summary report.
  7. Give the To-Do List Summary Report and give it to your instructor on the first day of class.
Click on the following link: and then click on Course Description for more information or see information below in regards to financial assistance.

There are several scholarship opportunities available for some continuing education programs through the following:

Golden LEAF Scholars Program (PDF)

State Employees Credit Union Scholarship (PDF) -

Students may also contact NCWorks for assistance.

Media Services


Notray Public

Online Learning


Category Five

This is my answer

Category Five

Category Five