StreetSafe Driving Program
Streetsafe students will need to visit http://streetsafeus.com to register for streetsafe sessions. JCC is only a location for streetsafe classes and no longer registers students or takes payment for streetsafe classes.
You may be eligible for this class is you are 16 - 26 years of age and have not previously
taken it within the past three years.
If you are 16 or 17 years of age, a parent must be present with you during the first hour of class.
Also, since this class involves some driving, loose-fitting shoes such as flip-flops, sandals or crocs are not allowed.
If you have been charged with one of the following violations listed below, you may qualify for the StreetSafe Program. StreetSafe is made available to you by the Johnston County District Attorney’s Office, Johnston Community College, and the S Solutions Incorporated (SSI). StreetSafe is a 4½ hour course that is taught by law enforcement and fire personnel. Under their supervision, students will witness and experience:
- Speed Control
- Alcohol Education
- Seatbelt Convincer
There will also be discussions for both young drivers and their parents with Court Officials.
The StreetSafe class must be completed within the time ordered by the court.
- Improper use of traffic lane – 20-146.2
- Move over law – 20-157 (f)
- No operators license – GS20-7(A)
- Passing a stopped school bus - 20-217
***You must have written permission from the Office of the District Attorney.
- Red light violation – 20-158
- Speeding in a School Zone 20-141.1
- Speeding in a Work Zone 20-141 (j2)
- Speeds in excess of 90 mph
- Speeding more than 20 mph over posted speed limit
- Speeding faster than reasonable – 20-141
- Speed—less than posted minimum-20-141
- Speeding too fast for conditions – 20-141
- Stop sign violation – 20-158
- Unsafe movement – 20-154
People can sign up for the course by visiting: https://streetsafeus.com/
From here, participants can find the “traffic court driving programs” under the services tab, scroll to find the Johnston County, JCC option and click the “sign up now” button.
Estimated Program Cost
- Registration fee is $120 (subject to change)
- The registration fee is non-refundable
Main JCC Campus, Health Building F105
*Students who are late for class will not be admitted*
You must bring the following to class:
- Driver’s License or Photo Identification