Motorcycle Safety Education
The North Carolina Motorcycle Safety Education Program at Johnston Community College offers the Basic Rider Course through an extensive schedule of weekend opportunities throughout the year.
- Preregistration is REQUIRED
- We are unable to hold spots in any particular class. Use class numbers (#) for identification.
- Class selection will be based on the order that completed application and registration fees are received. If multiple applications are received on the same day, the date of postmark will be used for class placement.
- If the rider is less than 18 years of age, a parent must accompany the rider to the first night of class and sign a waiver for the rider to operate a motorcycle.
- If the rider is less than 18 years of age and is a resident of Johnston County and attends a private school or is a resident of a county other than Johnston a Concurrent Enrollment form must be completed and submitted with the registration form.
- Students who are unable to safely perform the riding activities required of the class may, at the discretion of the Rider Coaches, be asked to withdraw from the class. Students are free to withdraw from the class at any time they feel uncomfortable to ride during the course. In either case, registration fees are non-refundable.
- Class time begins promptly at 6:00 pm on Friday for the Basic Rider Course seated classes.
- Classes are held rain or shine unless the college is officially closed due to inclement weather.
- Visit www.msf-usa.org to access additional information or to review materials.
Estimated Program Cost
- Registration fee is $200 (subject to change)
- The registration fee is non-refundable
How to Register
- Fill out the registration form (PDF)* and return it with the non-refundable registration fee in the form of a certified check, money order, or valid credit or debit card.
- Fill out the Concurrent Enrollment Form (PDF)* if you are a Johnston County high school student.
- For credit card customers only:
Since class size is limited to twelve (12) students and classes fill quickly, please call (919) 464-2339 for availability.
Classes are filled as registration fees and forms are received by the college based on the date of postmark on the envelope.
If we are unable to honor your choice, your check will be returned and will need to be resubmitted with a new registration form.
Mail the completed form along with the registration fee to:
Johnston Community College
Attn. Motorcycle Safety Program
P O Box 2350
Smithfield, NC 27577
For more information call (919) 464-2339.