Beginning Beekeeping ~ 25 Hours
Beginning Beekeeping is an entry level course for the beginning beekeeper. In order to be tested and become a certified beekeeper, you must:
- Be a current North Carolina State Beekeepers Association (NCSBA) member.
- Pass a written test, which is administered through a local NCSBA chapter or given at one of the statewide conferences or testing events.
- Pass a practical test administered by a Certified Level Beekeeper or higher, as presented in the “Practical Examination” form. A minimum of four months beekeeping experience is needed prior to taking practical test.
- The Practical test will only be valid if given after the candidate successfully passes the Certified Level written exam.
- Required items needed for class are: bee jacket, veil, and gloves. These items need to be purchased prior to attending class.
- Class is held at the JCC Arboretum, on Thursday evenings from 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Registration fee = $110
|Course Code||Date(s)||Registration Deadline|
|No course available at this time|
If you would like to see a course offered, or you have an idea for a course you would like to teach - such as jewelry making, painting, mixed media, drawing, canning, handmade greeting cards, and more - complete the Community Programs Interest Form.
For more information contact:
Director of Community Programs & Cleveland Campus