Beginning Beekeeping ~ 25 Hours
Beginning Beekeeping is an entry level course for the beginning beekeeper. In order to be tested and become a certified beekeeper, you must:
- Be a current North Carolina State Beekeepers Association (NCSBA) member.
- Pass a written test, which is administered through a local NCSBA chapter or given at one of the statewide conferences or testing events.
- Pass a practical test administered by a Certified Level Beekeeper or higher, as presented in the “Practical Examination” form. A minimum of four months beekeeping experience is needed prior to taking practical test.
- The Practical test will only be valid if given after the candidate successfully passes the Certified Level written exam.
- Required items needed for class are: bee jacket, veil, and gloves. These items need to be purchased prior to attending class.
- Class is held at the JCC Arboretum, on Thursday evenings listed below from 6:30pm-9:00pm.
- Registration fee = $110
|Course Code||Date(s)||Registration Deadline|
|SEF-3001-06P||March 9-May 11, 2023|
- Pay for class with debit/credit card: Complete your registration online through Self-Service
Scroll down - Click 'Continuing Education Instant Enrollment'
In Course Code box, type 'Beekeeping' (click Search at the bottom of the page)
Click 'Select' button next to the class you wish to attend,
Then Add Section (class will be added to cart)
Click 'Next' and follow prompts from there to complete registration and make payment
- Paying for class by mail
Print the Continuing Education Registration Form (PDF)
Complete ALL highlighted sections and submit with payment to the mailing address listed on the top of the registration form. Please note: This method will be slower, and your requested class may not be available when the form arrives.
For more information please contact:
Phone: (919) 464-2404