Culture Diversity Equity Inclusion Belonging (CDEIB) Leadership Team Responsibilities
The CDEIB core leadership team at Johnston Community College under the leadership of President Dr. David Johnson responsibilities regarding JCC’s Cultural Transformation are to:
- Lead the development and implementation of a cultural transformation that will promote culture, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within Johnston Community College.
- Measure and monitor diversity within the college, assist with the development of programming and practices that will effectively increase diversity and belonging, as well as provide support to all partners at the college.
- Create and facilitate presentations to assist staff, faculty, and students with embracing and understanding differing perspectives.
- Coordinate meeting times and locations for monthly and bi-weekly meetings with Johnston Community College's Alliance for Progress.
- Work closely with commissions comprised of campus stakeholders to make decisions on
behalf of the college regarding issues concerning culture, diversity, equity, inclusion,
The core team’s role is to provide sound leadership, strategic oversight, and direction in the implementation of Johnston Community College’s cultural transformation, ensuring that campus morale is positive, the public trust is upheld, the mission of the Alliance for Progress addresses campus cultural needs, and all practices within are ethical.