HEERF Student Funding |CARES Act |CRRSAA | ARP
ARP Student Funding
Under the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III), Johnston Community College (JCC) received funds to provide emergency grants to students with exceptional need to cover expenses related to the cost of attendance (i.e., tuition, food, housing, health care including mental health, transportation or childcare) or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus.
Funds from the HEERF III ARP Emergency Relief Fund are not considered financial aid and do not affect a student's current or future financial aid eligibility. Per guidance from the federal government, increasing funding amounts will be distributed to our students with exceptional need.
The third round of funding disbursements were awarded to regular curriculum students excluding Career and College Promise (CCP). Exceptional Need will be identified by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Eligibility Criteria for Third Round of Funding:
Student must be a regular curriculum (excludes CCP) enrolled in the Spring 2022 semester;
- Exceptional need will be determined based on the 2021-2022 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) received at the time of disbursement;
- Students without a FAFSA were assigned to the lowest tier funding;
- Eligible HEERF students include U.S. citizens and permanent residents, refugees, asylum seekers, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients, other DREAMers, and similar undocumented students;
- Have active credits as of April 18, 2022.
In accordance with Department of Education guidelines, JCC distributed the third round of ARP emergency funding to eligible students by the following method:
JCC determined which curriculum students received Emergency Financial Aid Grants, and how much they received under the ARP by using a prorated amount from $1,211 to $405 depending on their EFC (Expected Family Contribution) score from their completed 2021-2022 FAFSA as of April 18, 2022 (if applicable), and students without a FAFSA were assigned to the lowest tier funding.
- EFC score = 0: $1,211
- EFC score > 0 and ≤ 5846: $1,010
- EFC score > 5846 and ≤ 8500: $809
- EFC score > 8500 and ≤ 15000: $608
- EFC score > 15000 or with no EFC (FAFSA): $405
Students were notified of their eligibility via their JCC email account. If eligible,
funds will be processed through student accounts and will be disbursed according to
the method of refund chosen through Bank Mobile. Limited funding was available. By
accepting these funds, students agree to use funds to cover expenses related to the
cost of attendance (i.e., tuition, food, housing, health care including mental health,
childcare) or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus.
Disbursement of $1,726,350 ARP HEERF III Student Funds for the third round was complete as of Wednesday, May 11, 2022. Refunds will be released beginning on Friday, May 13th depending on your refund preference.
- This is the final disbursement of HEERF student funding for JCC.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students
concerning the ARP Emergency Financial Aid Grants will be available at www.johnstoncc.edu/CARESACT/StudentFunding.
- If you have a completed 2021-22 FAFSA on file with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) greater than zero and have experienced significant changes such as employment loss and would like to determine if a professional judgment/financial aid adjustment may be helpful for you, please contact the financial aid office for further guidance.
CARES Act/CRRSAA/ARP/HEERF Combined Quarterly Reporting
CARES Act/CRRSAA/ARP/HEERF Institutional Aid Quarterly Reporting
00933600_HEERF_ Q32021_100721 (PDF)
ARP HEERF Quarterly Reporting QE 06.30.2021 (PDF)
CARES Act/CRRSAA Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Report 3/31/21 V2 (PDF)
CARES Act Cumulative Quarterly Report for 12/31/2020 (PDF)
CARES Act Cumulative Quarterly Report for 9/30/2020 (PDF)
CARES Act Reporting HEERF Institutional Aid 09/01/2020 (PDF)
CARES ACT-HEERF Strengthening Institutions Program 09/01/2020 (PDF)
CARES Act/CRRSAA/ARP/HEERF Student Aid Reporting
00933600 Student Aid Q22022 05112022 (PDF)
00933600_Student AID_Q42021_01102022 (PDF)
ARP Student Funding Quarterly Report June 2021 (PDF)
CRRSAA Student Funding Final Report June 2021 (PDF)
CARES Act Quarterly Report HEERF Student Aid June 2020(PDF)
Eligibility Criteria and Funding Reports
ARP Student Eligibility Criteria Report Round 1 - 08/10/2021 (PDF)
ARP Student Eligibility Criteria Report Round 2 - 12/06/2021 (PDF)
ARP Student Eligibility Criteria Report Round 3 - 05/11/2022 (PDF)
ARP Student Funding 30 Day Report June 2021 (PDF)
CRRSAA Student Funding 30 day Report June 2021 (PDF)
CRRSAA Eligibility Criteria April 2021(PDF)
CARES Act 30 Day Reporting May 2020 (PDF)
CARES Act Eligibility Criteria April 2020(PDF)