CARES Act | Reporting
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Acknowledgement and Reporting- Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
- Johnston Community College (JCC) acknowledges that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and assures that the institution intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- JCC received $1,129,190 in total funds from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. These funds distributed by the Department represent the 50 percent minimum of JCC’s HEERF funds under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act for these emergency financial aid grants to students.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the end of June 2020 is $1,129,190. Grant funds have been fully expended.
- The estimated total number of students at JCC eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus possibly eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is around 2,600.
- JCC awarded 1,481 students an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- The following method was used by JCC to determine which students received Emergency
Financial Aid Grants and how much they received under Section 8004(a)(1) of the CARES
Act. Students were eligible to receive a prorated amount from $916 to $229 depending
on their enrollment status in the Spring 2020 semester, having completed a 2019-2020
FAFSA, and having met the eligibility requirements under section 484 of the HEA.
- Full-time enrollment = 12 or more credit hours: $916
- Three-quarter time enrollment = 9-11 credit hours: $687
- Half-time enrollment = 6-8 credit hours: $458
- Less than half-time enrollment = 5 or less credit hours: $229
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants are available at www.johnstoncc.edu/CARESACT/StudentFunding.