Ambassador Application Process
Applications for 2023 - 2024 are now available!
The Ambassador program is available to students who meet the following requirements:
- All students must have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Current JCC students must have completed at least 12 credit hours and be a full-time student
- Students new to JCC must plan to enroll for at least 12 credit hours
- All students must be in good standing in the community and in their respective schools
Student Ambassadors are selected through a process based on the application, two letters of reference (one personal, one professional), and a panel interview. In addition, applicants must sign a contract stating they understand the requirements of the program.
- Must successfully complete both Fall and Spring semesters as a full-time student (earning a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) during the academic year of appointment.
- Must fulfill academic requirements for attendance and complete assignments in all courses.
- Must have and maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average. Students with no JCC GPA will be considered based on most recent collegiate or high school GPA.
- Must be in good standing with respective schools and in the community.
- Ability to participate in required functions and complete one service hour per week in the Admissions and Student Engagement/Foundation offices (approximately 120 hours each semester).
Students who have served as ambassadors for two academic years are no longer eligible to apply.
NOTE: Termination or withdrawal from the Ambassador program requires the return of all
items provided by JCC, and students may be required to repay the scholarship amount.
Failure to return items will result in a hold placed on all grades released and future transcript requests. Further, if selected and accepting of the Ambassador scholarship, students agree to forfeit any other JCC Foundation scholarship awarded through Johnston Community College Academic Works. Outside or third party scholarships may be retained.
What is expected of a JCC Ambassador?
Ambassadors must have flexibility to participate in many campus and JCC Foundation functions as well as community volunteer opportunities. On average, an Ambassador participates in a minimum of 120 hours of service each semester. Activities and events include, but are not limited to:
- Ambassador orientation and retreat.
- Monthly campus meetings.
- Service hours each week in Admissions and Student Engagement /Foundation offices.
- Service projects and fundraising activities.
- Campus tours, new student orientation, and other welcome events.
- JCC Foundation Alumni and Donor events such as Donor Appreciation, Breakfast Before Business, Casino Night, and Golf Tournament events.
- Leadership seminars, speakers, and professional development special events.
*Please note that these activities and events may occur at or with religious organizations and fall on weekends. It is recommended not to apply should you feel you could not participate in these functions.*
- Full tuition, activity, and technology fees paid for one year at in-state rates (FALL AND SPRING SEMESTERS ONLY).
- Personal and professional development.
- Clothing and name tag.
- Opportunities to meet community and state leaders and become acquainted with trustees, foundation board, faculty, and staff.
- Build lifelong relationships and connections.
To apply to become a JCC Student Ambassador, complete the online application and submit two professional recommendations using the JCC Student Ambassador Reference form.
Please email any questions or concerns to Megan Shaner at email@example.com.
All materials must be submitted by Friday, April 21st at 11:59 pm to be considered.