Vehicle Registration & Parking Permits

Who needs a parking permit?

  • All Students are encourged to to have a parking permit weather you are a traditional or online student.

How long are parking permits good for and is there a fee?

  • Parking permits are good for the academic school year, i.e. Fall 23 - Spring 24.
  • There are no fees, they are included in the cost of tution.

How do I get a permit?

By either stopping by the the Information Desk or Campus Security in the Wilson Building.

You can fill out the Parking Permit online Registration Form before you arrive at the campus and you will need the following information.

  • Your JCC Student ID Number
  • Your Last Name
  • Your Date of Birth
  • The License Plate Number and State of the vehicle you will use on campus
  • The Vehicle's
    • Make
    • Model
    • Year
    • Color

How many vehicles can I register?

  • You can register up to 3 vehicles.
  • All vehicles in the campus parking lots must be registered.

Where do I place the decal? 

  • Parking decals must be displayed in the lower left corner of a four-wheel vehicle’s rear window or bumper
  • For two-wheel vehicle’s on the back fender.

Where do I park?

  • You may park in spaces not designated for visitors, handicapped persons, faculty, and staff members, etc. 
  • Handicapped Parking Spaces - A State-issued handicap parking permit is required in order to park in a designated handicap parking space, pursuant to North Carolina General Statute 20-37.6. No exceptions.

When do parking permits expire?

  • When ownership of the vehicle is transferred.
  • When you are no longer an active student.
  • When the permit has expired.
  • Whe your parking permissions have been revoked.

Can I get a Temporary or Visitor Permit?

  • Campus Security issues temporary permits valid for up to 7 calendar days.
  • Temporary permits should be placed on the left side of the dashboard of the vehicle.
  • Visitors should park in designated visitor parking spaces.

You are responsible for all parking violations of the registered vehicle(s) and replacement decals may be obtained at the Campus Security Office or Information Desk.