Apply to Graduate
Congratulations on completing a certificate, diploma or degree at Johnston Community College! There are a few steps required to complete the graduation process.
To be eligible for graduation from an associate degree, diploma program or certificate, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Have passed all courses specified and required in the student's chosen program of study.
- Have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all courses attempted at the College.
- Have taken and passed at least one fourth (25 percent) of the courses required in the program at Johnston Community College. It is anticipated that the final 15 semester credit hours be completed at the College.
- Have paid all financial obligations owed to the College.
- Have filed with the Office of Records and Registration an Application for Graduation by the published deadline for student's final semester.
GRADUATION PROCESS CHECKLIST
- Take the Application for Graduation to your advising appointment at the beginning of your anticipated graduating semester.
- Bring the advisor signed Application for Graduation to the Office of Records and Registration. Include the check list of required classes for the program.
- Email notification will be sent to students in regards to the graduation process. The Office of Records and Registration will send all correspondence through the email information listed on the Application for Graduation.
- Complete the Graduate Survey. Graduate Surveys will be sent to the student's JCC email account approximately three weeks prior to the end of the graduating semester.
Johnston Community College holds commencement ceremonies in May. There is a participation fee for graduation that includes a cap and gown for the ceremony. The JCC Bookstore sells graduation caps, gowns, and invitations. See JCC Bookstore webpage for important details.