Research and Data Requests
Thank you for your interest in conducting research at Johnston Community College. All questions regarding research at Johnston Community College should be directed to Dr. Terri S. Lee, Vice President of Institutional Effectivness and Strategic Initiatives at email@example.com | 919-209-2125.
Researchers planning a research study involving human subjects must submit an application for IRB review. Please fill out the following application and submit the form and all required materials to Dr. Terri S. Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Data and Survey Requests
Internal requests are submitted through the KACE System (k-box). Please log into SharePoint with your JCC credentials and submit your request to the queue. Your ticket will be assigned in 48-72 hours.
To begin the survey process, stakeholders should submit a ticket to the Research and Institutional Effectiveness KACE (k-box) queue. A staff member will then review the ticket and contact the submitting parties for consultation. Research and Institutional Effectiveness has access to applications for web-based surveys and can engage in dialogue with stakeholders to ensure methodologically sound and high-quality survey tools and reports, as well as data analysis assistance. Surveys that will be distributed to external stakeholders, such as the student body or community must be approved by Administrative Council before dissemination. Because over-surveying can lead to poor response rates and potentially unrepresentative data, stakeholders should be mindful that Research and Institutional Effectiveness periodically conducts the following institutionally-sponsored surveys listed below and the desired data may already be available.
- Evaluations of Courses/Instructors (CU) – All enrolled students in a CU course within the last three weeks of every semester.
- Evaluations of Courses/Instructors (CE) – All students enrolled within the last 5-7 days of a hybrid (EMS only) or fully online CE course; all other courses use the “green sheet” surveys provided in the instructor packet.
- Student Support Services/Facilities Survey – All enrolled CU students within the last three weeks of Fall and Spring semesters.
- Graduate Survey – All students who have applied to graduate in a Spring, Summer, or Fall term. Sent within the last three weeks of the semester.
- Facilities Utilization Survey of Faculty and Staff – every Spring (February or March)
- Additional ad hoc surveys as requested by departments and programs for purposes of external accreditation.
Because over-surveying can lead to poor response rates and potentially unrepresentative data, it is highly recommended stakeholders interested in using surveys to collect data contact the office of Research and Institutional Effectiveness for consultation.
Internal Data Requests
Internal data requests are welcomed by the office of Research and IE. To request data, stakeholders should submit a ticket to the Research and Institutional Effectiveness KACE (k-box) queue and fill out all fields with as much detail as possible. A staff member will then review the ticket and contact the submitting parties for consultation and clarification and discuss lead time as complex requests may require a longer timeline.