New regulations from the Department of Education requires institutions to confirm or correct some information that was retrieved from the IRS.

Please have the information completed below by your parent(s), you and a parent sign the form, and return to the Financial Aid Office.

Please review the information below to determine who to consider as a parent to complete this form:
  • If your parent was never married and does not live with your other legal parent, or if your parent is widowed and not remarried, answer the question about that parent.
  • If your legal parents (biological, adoptive, or as determined by the state [for example, if the parent is listed on the birth certificate]) are not married to each other and live together, provide information about both of them regardless of their gender. Do not include information for any person who is not married to your parent and who is not a legal or biological parent.
  • If your legal parents are married, include the information for both parents.
  • If your parents are divorced or separated, provide the information for the parent you lived with more during the past 12 months. (If you did not live with one parent more than the other, provide information about the parent who provided more financial support during the past 12 months or during the most recent year that you actually received support from a parent.) If this parent remarried at the time you completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), provide information about that parent and your stepparent.
Contact 1-800-433-3243 for assistance in determining who to consider a parent.
  • Yes, my parent(s) completed an IRS 1040.
  • Yes, my parent(s) completed a foreign tax return.
    (If you filed or will file a foreign tax return, a tax return with Puerto Rico, another U.S. territory (e.g., Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Swain’s Island or the Northern Marianas Islands) or one of the Freely Associated States, use the information from that return to fill out this form. If you filed a foreign return, convert all monetary units to U.S. dollars, using the published exchange rate in effect for the date nearest to today’s date. To view the daily exchange rates, go to .)
How much did Parent 1 (father/mother/stepparent) earn from working in 2018?
How much did Parent 2 (father/mother/stepparent) earn from working in 2018?
Earnings (wages, salaries, tips, etc.) may be on the W-2 forms or on the tax return: IRS Form 1040 – Line1 + Schedule 1, Line 12 + Schedule 1, Line 18 + Box 14 (Code A) of IRS Schedule K-1 (Form 1065).
If any individual earning item is negative, do not include that amount
According to the U.S. Department of Education, if you purposely give false or misleading information on form, you may be fined, sent to prison, or both.

Parents' 2018 Untaxed Income (Enter the combined for your parent(s)
(if applicable)

Payments to tax-deferred pension and retirement savings plans (paid directly or withheld from earnings), including, but not limited to, amounts reported on the W-2 form in Boxes 12a through 12d, codes D, E, F, G, H, and S.
Do not include amounts reported in code DD (employer contributions toward employee health benefits).
IRA deductions and payments to self-employed SEP, SIMPLE, Keogh and other qualified plans from IRS Form 1040 Schedule 1-total of lines 28 + 32.
Child support received for any of your parents' children. Do not include foster care or adoption payments.
Tax exempt interest income from IRS Form 1040 - line 2a.
Untaxed portions of IRA distributions and pensions from IRS Form 1040 - lines (4a minus 4b).
Exclude rollovers. If negative, enter a zero here.
Housing, food, and other living allowances paid to members of the military, clergy, and others (including cash payments and cash value of benefits). Do not include the value of on-base military housing or the value of a basic military allowance for housing.
Veterans’ non-education benefits such as Disability, Death Pension, or Dependency & Indemnity Compensation (DIC) and/or VA Educational Work-Study allowances.
Other untaxed income not reported above, such as workers’ compensation, disability benefits, untaxed foreign income, etc. Also, include the untaxed portions of health savings accounts from IRS Form 1040 Schedule 1 – line 25.
Do not include extended foster care benefits, student financial aid, earned income credit, additional child tax credit, welfare payments, untaxed Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security Income, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act educational benefits, on-base housing or a military housing allowance, combat pay, benefits from flexible spending arrangements (e.g. cafeteria plans), foreign income exclusion or credit for federal tax on special fuels.

Parents’ 2018 Additional Financial Information
(Enter the amounts for your parent[s])

Education credits (American Opportunity Tax Credit and Lifetime Learning Tax Credit) from IRS Form 1040 Schedule 3 – line 50.
Child support paid because of divorce or separation or as a result of a legal requirement. (Do not include support for children in your parents' household.)
Taxable earnings from need-based employment programs, such as Federal Work-Study and need-based employment portions of fellowships and assistantships.
Taxable college grant and scholarship aid reported to the IRS as income. Includes AmeriCorps benefits (awards, living allowances and interest accrual payments), as well as grant and scholarship portions of fellowships and assistantships.
Combat pay or special combat pay. Only enter the amount that was taxable and included in your parent’s adjusted gross income.
Do not include untaxed combat pay.
Earnings from work under a cooperative education program offered by a college.


If you purposely give false or misleading information, you may be fined, sent to prison, or both.
Parent Email
Student Email
Student Signature
Student ID Number
By checking this box, I ratify the use of my typed name and Student ID number as an electronic representation of my signature.
Parent Signature
Parent Signature Date