Citation & References
- OWL at Purdue
This website provides MLA, APA, Chicago style in-text citation, formatting, and referencing rules, regulations, and examples. It also gives information on business writing: resumes, email etiquette, memos and reports. Additional links concerning writing and academic resources are also available.
- Citation Machine
Citation machine helps students and professional researchers to properly credit information that they use.
- Introduction to APA Style Formatting (Created by Moye Library Staff)
- Avoiding Plagiarism (Created by Moye Library Staff)
- Need Help with MLA? (Created by The Hunter College Writing Across the Curriculum Program, Library, and ICIT)
- APA Style Formatting
This website provides research informational tool such as: eBooks, audio books, videos, online magazines, newspapers, journals, and more.
- Don't Google It, ASP It
(Created by Richard Baer of Camosun College) This tutorial explains the fundamental differences in using Google versus using Academic Search Premier from EBSCOHost in NC LIVE for your academic research. Learn easy tips for finding peer-reviewed articles in ASP
- Effectively Using Truncation
(Video was created by Colorado State University Libraries)
- Keyword Searching in Library Databases
(Created by Chris Niemeyer, University of Missouri - St. Louis)
- How to Use Connectors When Searching Databases
This series of tutorials goes into Boolean searching, truncation, nesting and keyword searching. (Created by Arizona State University Libraries)
- Peer-Reviewed in Five Minutes:
What's So Special about Peer-Reviewed Articles? (This animated tutorial was created at NC State University)
- Wikipedia: Beneath the Surface
(Created by NC State University)
Helpful writing & grammar review sites
This website allows a student to participate in free online grammar review exercises that tell the student why they got the answer wrong or right. It also provides free handouts, presentations, terminology, and YouTube videos.
- Student Writing & Success Skills
The College Board website provides informational examples and exercises on improving study skills, writing skills, and overall academic enrichment.
- Funny English Mistakes from Around the World
- Grammar to Go!
- Grammar to Go: Basic Writing Mechanics
- Passport to Academic Writing