SECU Partnership East
Education ProgramsEarly Childhood Education
Infant/Toddler Care Certificate
School-Age Care Certificate
SECU Partnership East
SECU Partnership East Education DegreesEast Carolina University College of Education with the support of State Employees’ Credit Union (SECU) Foundation has established consortium partnerships with community colleges and public schools within the university’s service region. The SECU Partnership East South Central Consortium is making it possible for students throughout eastern North Carolina to obtain a four-year degree from East Carolina University without traveling to the main campus. Students graduate with a four-year degree from ECU by completing the first two years of the program at Johnston Community College, one of the partnering community colleges, followed by taking ECU courses 100% online.
Degree Programs available include:
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education (K-6) with K-12 reading licensure
- Bachelor of Science in Special Education (K-12) with K-12 reading licensure
- Bachelor of Science in Middle Grades Education (6-9) with two areas of concentration (Students choose math, science or language arts for the concentration)
For more information, visit www.ecu.edu/pe
SECU advisors at JCC are:
- Tammy Barbour, (919) 209-2179; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen Boyd, (919) 209-2058; email@example.com
- Clay B. Smith, (919) 739-7012; firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelors of Science in History Education, East Carolina University
Masters of Arts in Education, East Carolina University
As a Pirate Educator myself, I couldn’t be more excited to be part of a teacher licensure program through ECU’s College of Education. I believe East Carolina’s teacher education programs are second to none. As an academic advisor, I have worked with both traditional and non-traditional student populations in transfer evaluation and program transition. I also spent time at Southern Wayne High School in Dudley, North Carolina. I currently live in Goldsboro, but I am originally from Mebane, North Carolina. In my spare time, I enjoy playing softball, basketball, and kayaking. I also enjoy spending time with my family and dog, Cooper. Please contact me at any time with questions or concerns. Your own classroom is closer than you think!
LIKE the program on Facebook (below) to see more about the program schedule on the JCC campus.