Junior Leadership Johnston
2020 Junior Leadership Johnston
Junior Leadership Johnston is a program to assist emerging youth in their efforts to prepare for leadership positions in business, community, education and government affairs.
- Participants (current sophomore class) will be selected from Johnston County Public High Schools, charter schools, private schools, and Johnston County Home Schools
- The summer program will be June 15-19, 2020
- A mandatoryorientation will be held prior to the program week to familiarize parents/guardians/participants with the specifics of the program.
- There will be five days of programmed activities to include but are not limited to classroom activities, tours fo local businesses/industries/agencies, as well as panel discussions.
- Attendance the entire week is required to complete the program.
- Participants will work in teams to produce a project related to the week of activities to be presented at the award banquet on Friday evening.
- Thanks to the generosity of Duke Energy sponsoring the program, there is NO COST to participate.
- Must be a current sophomore (rising junior) in high school
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must attend a Johnston County public high school, charter school, private school or be home schooled in Johnston County
- Must participate in all days/sessions of the program if selected
Must complete and submit an application with a reference letter to:
Junior Leadership Johnston Advisory Board
135 Best Wood Drive
Clayton, NC 27520
Applications are due by 1:00 pm on Friday, March 27, 2020.
2017 Junior Leadership Johnston members