Junior Leadership Johnston
Junior Leadership Johnston is a program to assist emerging youth in their efforts to prepare for leadership positions in business, community, education and government affairs.
- At least one student (current sophomore) will be selected from each of the Johnston County High Schools, including Neuse Charter School and Johnston County Home Schools.
- The summer program will be held June 18-22, 2018
- A mandatory orientation will be held prior to the program week to familiarize parents/guardians/participants with the specifics of the program.
- There are five days of programmed activities. Attendance the entire week is required to complete the program.
- There will be classroom exercises each day and tours of local businesses/agencies as well as panel discussions.
- Students will work in teams to produce a project related to the week of activities to be presented at the award banquet on Friday evening.
- Thanks to the generosity of Duke Energy sponsoring the program, there is NO COST to participate.
- Must be a current sophomore (rising junior) in high school
- Must have a A/B grade average
- Must attend one of the nine public high schools, Neuse Charter School or be home schooled in Johnston County
- Must participate in all sessions of the program if selected
Must complete and submit an application with a reference letter to:
Junior Leadership Advisory Board
135 Best Wood Drive
Clayton, NC 27520
2017 Junior Leadership Johnston members