Do you want to enter the Cynthia DeFord Adams Literary Competition?
Submit your writing to regional and national competitions! Check out the many opportunities available to you below (link to page that lists the literary competitions), then join a cohort of others students honing their skills in writing for literary competitions. In groups of 5-6, students will compose, share, and discuss in the Writing Studio the work they are preparing for submission to literary competition.
Learn more about the following opportunities:
- 2012 Wabash Prizes for Nonfiction, Poetry, and Fiction
- The Nelligan prize for short fiction
- Howard Frank Mosher Short Fiction Prize
- Writers of the Future
- 4th Genre Michael Steinberg Essay Prize
- Glimmer Train Press, Inc. prizes in short fiction, poetry, essays, and other categories
- Writers @ Work competition in poetry, fiction, and non-fiction
- The Bellevue Literary Journal competition in poetry and prose, seeking entries in the themes of health, healing, illness, mind, and body
- Cynthia DeFord Adams Literary Competition