Cynthia DeFord Adams Literary Competition
The Cynthia DeFord Adams Literary Competition is an annual writing competition open
to any JCC student taking 6 or more credit hours. Cash and prizes are awarded to winning
Prizes are awarded in both poetry and prose categories.
- Writers may submit up to three poems and/or two pieces of short fiction or creative non-fiction. Each entry must be submitted separately.
- Short fiction/non-fiction is limited to 4,000 words; no length limit for poetry.
- Submissions should be double-spaced.
- Work must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format. No other formats will be accepted.
- The deadline for submissions is March 3rd. No submissions will be accepted after this date.
To enter, please complete the form below.