Online Tutoring: SMARTHINKING
Smarthinking is a FREE on-line tutorial service available to JCC students through their BlackBoard account. Students can access assistance through Smarthinking 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Students should note that they are allowed 8 hours of Smarthinking usage per semester. Students are encouraged to fully utilize this free service as well as other campus resources such as the Academic Skills Center and Writing Studio.
Academic subjects available:
Over 60 subjects are available for online tutoring. Subjects include but are not limited to the following: Writing, Biology, Algebra, Statistics, Calculus, Business, Economics, Spanish, Literature, Chemistry, Physics, Accounting, MS Office applications and much, more more!
- Log-in to your JCC BlackBoard account.
- Turn off all Pop-Up blockers
- Click the tab titled "Student Academic and Technical Resources."
- Scroll to the Smarthinking link and click on the log-in link. Students will be directed to the external website.
NOTE: Students should correctly log-out of the tutorial service when the sessions have ended.
Online Tutoring Options:
- Writing Center - Have your writing reviewed by a tutor
- Drop-In Tutoring - Chat with a live tutor
- Scheduled Tutoring - Schedule to meet with a live tutor in the future
NOTE: If you know that you cannot make a scheduled session, you must cancel within 48 hours of the appointment time or future access to this service may be limited.
- Offline Questions - Send a tutor an academic question
- Writing Practice - Get help with essay topics based on your paper type
- Academic Resources - Find Subject-specific guides and study skills manuals
Students seeking assistance and/or a demonstration of Smarthinking should see staff in the Academic Skills Center, located in the Wilson Building, Room C1111.
Please note this is a professional tutoring service provided by the college. For technical assistance, you may also contact Customer Support at email@example.com or (888) 430-7429 ext. 1 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ET).