Instead of sending e-mail messages to all members of your group(s) at once via Group Pages, you may send e-mail to selected members by following the steps below:
- Click on the "Communication" button located at the left of your screen.
- Click on the "Send E-Mail" button.
- Click on "Send E-Mail to Single/Select Groups."
- Select the group or groups to which you would like to send your e-mail message.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the gray "Send E-Mail" button.
- In the new window that appears, enter the subject heading and message to be posted in your message. (As a special note, you may wish to create your message in a word processing program, then copy and paste it into the discussion thread message box. Why? You can conduct a spell check of your work in your word processor whereas you are unable to do so in the Blackboard CourseInfo program. In addition, you can have a copy of your work to re-post if you run into technical difficulties.)
- Once you are finished entering your subject heading and message, click the gray "Send Message" button at the bottom of your screen to send message to the members of your group(s).
- Please refer to your Student Manual located in the Student Tools section of the course for more information on or assistance with Sending E-Mail.
- Contact your instructor if you have any questions or comments about sending e-mail.