2014-2015 Academic Year
APPLICATIONS OPEN JANUARY 28 - APRIL 1, 2014
The Ambassador application is available to both graduating high school students and current JCC students who meet the following requirements:
- All students must have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Current JCC students must have completed at least 12 credit hours and be a full-time student.
- All students must be in good standing in the community and in their respective schools.
Please be sure to thoroughly review the selection process, the list of expectations of a Johnston Community College Ambassador, exclusions from the program rules, Ambassador benefits, and the Student Ambassador contract before you apply.
Apply Now!If you are interested,
- Please complete this application which includes six essay questions.
- Complete two reference forms that can accompany the reference letters (one professional and one personal).
- Print and sign the Ambassador contract.
- The selection process includes a formal panel interview.
Mail your completed information to:
JCC Foundation Office
245 College Road
Smithfield, NC 27577
- Registrations and Orientations
- Must complete an Ambassadors Leadership Course (Summer)
- Ambassador Training Session (Summer)
- Dinner Meetings (may be off-campus)
- Monthly Campus Meetings
- Campus Tours
- Annual Donor Appreciation and Scholarship Recipient Dinner in September
- Annual Foundation Golf Auction and Tournament in October
- Annual Spring fund-raiser in April or May
- Four public speaking engagements each year
- Complete one service hour per week in the Student Services/Foundation Offices
- Participate in two service projects as designated by Advisor and Ambassadors
Please note that events and activities may occur at or with religious organizations and fall on weekends.
Other Ambassadors Events (attend as schedule permits)
- Country Music Showcases in August, October, December, February, April, and June
- High School College Days (assist Johnston Community College Recruiter)
- Promote goodwill and help others
- Other functions and events as requested
- Must complete both Fall and Spring Semester as a full-time student (earning minimum of 12 credit hours per semester) during the academic year of appointment.
- Must fulfill academic requirements for attendance and complete assignments in all courses.
- Must have and maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average (those who fall below the preferred 3.0 may be evaluated and placed on probation for one semester).
- Must be in good standing with the College and in the community.
- Must provide two reference letters (one professional and one personal).
- Ability to complete one service hour per week in the Student Services/Foundation Offices.
- Must not serve as a Student Government Association officer during the academic year of appointment (Student Ambassador and Student Government positions each require significant time commitments).
- Successful interview.
- Enrolled for less than 12 hours (or drop below 12 hours)
- Loss of good standing in community or institution
- Cumulative grade point average less than 3.0
- Seek nomination for or become a SGA Officer
- Failure to fulfill the standards of the program (including attending meetings, completing honor/leadership course, and performing weekly service hour)
- Full tuition, activity, and technology fees paid for one year FOR FALL AND SPRING ONLY (in-state rates only)
- Personal development and socialization
- Jacket, polo shirt, and nametag
- Opportunities to meet community and state leaders and become acquainted with trustees, faculty, and staff
- Being part of a small, exceptional group of students who represent Johnston Community College
NOTE: Termination or withdrawal from the Ambassador program requires the return of all items provided by Johnston Community College, and you may be required to repay the ambassador scholarship to JCC. Failure to return Ambassador clothing items will result in a hold placed on all grades released and future transcript requests.
In addition, by accepting this scholarship, the student agrees to forfeit any other JCC Foundation scholarship awarded through johnstoncc.academicworks.com. (Outside or third party scholarships may be retained.)