- Complete a requisition form.
- For SGA and CLUBS, the completed requisition goes to Joan McLendon for encumbering funds, coding and submitting to the Business Office.
- For Athletics the requisition goes to Derek Kelly, Athletic Director for encumbering and recording. He will forward to Joan McLendon for coding and submitting to the Business Office.
- After the Requisition has been coded, the "pink" copy will be returned to the Club Advisor or to Derek Kelly. The other copies will be submitted to the Business Office, where a Purchase Order Number is assigned. If requested on the Requisition, the Advisor/Coach will receive the "white" copy of the Purchase Order after the Requisition has been processed by the Business Office. This copy should be given to the Vendor as a guarantee of payment. If the Purchase Order is not requested, then it will be mailed to the Vendor by the Business Office. The item(s) can then be purchased.
- Receipts should be given to Joan McLendon to submit to the Business Office for payment.
Requisitions should be complete, forwarded to the appropriate person, sent to the Business Office for a Purchase Order number, and a copy sent back to the person purchasing before the item(s) are purchased. This process usually takes about 2 weeks; therefore, one needs to submit the Requisition at least 2 weeks before he/she needs to make the actual purchase.
In an emergency, it maybe necessary to purchase items without a P.O. If this occurs, it is necessary to submit a memo to Joan McLendon stating the reason for the reimbursement and attach the receipts. This will be forwarded to the Business Office after coding. This method is only used when it is an emergency.
If Requisitions are submitted and funds are not available to cover the costs, the Requisition will be returned to the Advisor.
If this procedure is not followed, the individual purchasing the item(s) without a Purchase Order will be responsible for the costs.
Should you have any questions about this procedure or your club/athletic budget, please contact Joan McLendon.