Technical Standards: Radiography
The Radiography program has established Technical Standards that must be met by the students in the program. Each student must be able to:
- Visually monitor patients in dimmed light and view appropriate anatomy on a radiographic viewbox or computer screen.
- Hear various equipment and background sounds during equipment operations.
- Reach up to six (6) feet off the floor.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner to patients and coworkers in various departments.
- Read and write or type appropriate instructions in patient treatment charts, notes and records correctly.
- Lift thirty (30) pounds of weight, up to waist level and hold in position.
- Move immobile patients from stretcher to radiographic table with assistance from department personnel.
- Push standard wheelchair from waiting area to radiographic room.
- Interpret and appropriately utilize clinical instructions given to student by departmental personnel.
- Utilize keyboard for inputting clinical data into console, computers and charts.
|PHYSICAL DEMANDS IN APPROXIAMATION:|
|Sitting||2-4 hrs./day||Lifting Objects||50lbs.|
|Standing||2-4 hrs./day||Visual ability in dim light||100%|
|Walking||4-6 hrs./day||Good Hearing ability||100%|
|Reaching||Frequently||Ability to speak with clear dictation||100%|
|Bending||Frequently||Ability to work long/irregular hours||100%|
|Stooping||Moderately||Environment Factors: Chemicals, Irritants, Blood and body fluids, Radiation||Occasional|
|For more information, contact:|