The Pharmacy Technology has established Technical Standards that must be met by the students in the program. Each student must be able to:
- Communication abilities to clearly interact, both orally and in writing, with the patient, patient's family, pharmacy personnel, and others to obtain or disseminate information relevant to patient care and work duties.
- Interpersonal abilities sufficient to interact with the patient, patient's family, pharmacy personnel, and others from a variety of social, emotional, cultural and intellectual backgrounds.
- Critical thinking ability sufficient for problem resolution and clinical judgment.
- Emotional stability sufficient to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Visual abilities sufficient to accurately perform pharmacy duties and to safely maintain pharmacy work environment.
- Physical abilities sufficient to move throughout facilities and within small spaces to provide effective medication preparation and distribution and patient care.
- Gross and fine motor abilities sufficient to provide safe and efficacious pharmacy services.
- Auditory ability sufficient to monitor and maintain work environment.