EMT: Emergency Medical Technician
EMT Summer Course
Classes will be held on JCC main campus in the Public Safety Service Building (PSSB J1630) starting Monday, June 10th, 2019. Classes will meet daily, Monday thru Thursday from 8:30am – 5:30pm; AHA Healthcare Provider and NIMS certifications included. Course ends August 2019.
Course Code: EMS 4200 01U
Orientation Dates: Tuesday, May 14th @ 7pm., Tuesday, June 4th @ 7pm, Wednesday, June 5th at 10am.
Registration Information: Completed during orientation. Late registration will be available on the first scheduled class date.
Orientation Location: Public Safety Service Building
Course starts: Monday, June 10th, 2019 (8:30am-5:30pm)
Course ends: August 7th, 2019
Cost: Payment in the form of a money order, credit card or personal check.
- $180 Registration fee (unless fee waived through affiliation with a department)
- $7.75 for AHA CPR equipment and card (collected upon completion of certification during course)
- $19 Clinical Liability Coverage
- $50 (approximately) for criminal background check and drug screening prior to start of clinical time through college approved vendor
- $15 Approved college EMS uniform shirt to be work during clinical rotations
- $80 Platinum planner/EMS testing subscription
High School Diploma / GED or successful completion of an entrance exam assessing reading comprehension and English language skills at 11th grade level. Students must be 17 years of age prior to the end of class.
Rescue and EMS may qualify for tuition waiver ($180.00 fee).
To receive tuition waiver: Fire & EMS personnel must be listed on an official Johnston County agency roster. Provide a copy of the current roster at registration. Roster must include position and the current year.
Out-Of-County Fire and EMS personnel must provide at registration a letter on official department letter head that includes documentation of active membership, position and that this course is necessary for your job. One letter can list multiple members from an agency.
Without proper documentation at registration will result in tuition payment before student will be allowed to register for class. This may affect guaranteeing you a slot in class.