Advanced EMT (AEMT)/EMT Intermediate (EMT-I)
NC AEMT / EMT-I course meets NC requirements for EMT-I and 2014 requirements for AEMT credential. The course is designed to build upon the EMT knowledge and provide health professionals with advance knowledge and skills to better their critical thinking.
The AEMT/EMT-I course is a total of 280 hours; 184 classroom hours; 96 clinical hours. Classes will be held on Tuesdays, 8:30am-5:30pm. Saturday and Sunday classes per course schedule. Classes are held at JCC in the Public Safety Building. EMT-I course is completed over one semester.
Registration & Orientation: TBD
Course Code: EMS 3045
Course Dates: Tuesdays (with occasional Saturdays & Sundays) August - December, 2016
Course Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm
Location: JCC Main Campus - Public Safety Building
Cost: Payment in the form of cash, money order, credit card or personal check.
- $180 Registration fee (Fire and EMS may qualify for tuition waiver)
- Card fees for certification courses; PHTLS
- $19 Clinical Liability Insurance fee (If not covered by sponsor provider)
- Information on clinical uniforms are provided at orientation
- Other expenses include course resource materials and additional text book cost for certification courses
Preregistration: Come by the Records & Registration Department in the Wilson Building, Room C1513,
to register. Payment can be made at the Cashier's Window beside the Bookstore in
the Wilson Building. You may also choose to complete the Continuing Education Registration Form (PDF) and mail to the Continuing Education Division along with appropriate registration
fee(s) to the address listed at the top of the form. Fax registrations to be paid
with a MasterCard or VISA credit card 919-209-2189 Attention: Registration (the Registrar
will contact you for payment information).
- High School Diploma or GED
- Credentialed as NC EMT
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS card
- Successful completion of an entrance exam assessing reading comprehension on the post-secondary level, English language skills, and compliance with the mathematical skills on the high school grade level.
- Measures to meet the entrance exam requirement include:
- College Graduate: Within the last 5 years, graduated from a 2-year or 4-year accredited college.
- Reading & Language Requirement: Within the last 5 years, Reading 090 and ENG 090; have tested out of or completed these courses with at least C average (or) completed ENG 111 with at least C average.
- Math Requirement: Within the last 5 years, MAT 070; have tested out of or completed the course with at least C average (or) completed MAT 140 or 161 with at least C average.
- Non-JCC students must bring sealed transcript to orientation.