North Carolina's Career & College Program
North Carolina's Career & College Promise (CCP) Program allows eligible high school students to enroll in college classes at Johnston Community College. Students who successfully complete college courses earn college credit they can take with them after graduation. In many cases, students can also earn dual credit - meeting high school graduation requirements with college courses. Career & College Promise offers high school students options to pursue educational and career goals of their choice using a rigorous yet supportive structure designed to help them become successful through these opportunities:
- College Transfer - Designed for students planning to continue their educational career beyond high
school to eventually achieve an Associate's or Bachelor's degree at a community college
- Career & Technical Education - Allows students to begin a certification or diploma program in a particular technical field or career area.
Applying to the CCP Program:
No longer accepting applications. Fall 2019 application and recruitment information will be posted in Spring 2019.
***If you do not submit a completed JCC Application Packet by the deadline (October 10, 2018), your application packet will be considered incomplete, and you will not be able to participate in the Career and College Promise Program in Spring 2019***
Step 1: Complete a JCC application at www.johnstoncc.edu and click on “Apply Now.” Print your Application Agreement Statement as your verification page when you submit the application. If you do not have a printer, copy the confirmation number. You will need this number in Step 3. NOTE: Be sure to (1) select “Career and College Promise” as your entrance status and (2) select your specific chosen pathway on the question that asks for the program of study.
Step 2: Have you and your parent sign your Application Agreement Statement from Step 1, then take your completed page to your CCP representative (See Contact Us on CCP Webpage).
Step 3: Complete the CCP Student Eligibility Form:
- New Students: New CCP Student Eligibility Form Fall 2019 (not yet available)
- Returning Students:Returning CCP Student Eligibility Form Spring 2019
Step 4: Contact your CCP representative to finalize your Johnston Community College application packet. (See printable instructions below for specific CCP Application Packet requirements.**) All students must meet with a CCP representative. Please remember, to be considered for the Career and College Promise Program, you must complete and submit a JCC Application Packet which includes:
- JCC application (submitted to Admissions Office)
- JCC Application Confirmation Page (signed by student and parent)
- Student Eligibility Form (submitted via online form)
- Transcripts and Test Scores
- Home School Name and Identification Number (Home school students only)
- Principal Letter of Support (If accepted under provisional status).
- Signature of CCP Representative (Homeschool Students, Private School Students, Students Outside of Johnston County Only).
Once you are accepted to JCC, you will receive a welcome packet with additional instructions to set up an advising/registration appointment as a CCP student.
Any student who has not taken one of the college readiness assessments listed will be required to take the JCC student placement NCDAP assessment. Please request testing when you contact your CCP representative.
October 10, 2018
Completed application packets must be submitted to a CCP Representative by 5:30pm
Deadline to Submit Application Packets for Spring 2019
November 1 *location change*
3:00pm - 6:00pm
November 5, 15
3:00pm - 6:00pm
November 19, 29
3:00pm - 5:30pm
Career and College Promise
For more information, please contact our Career and College Promise Center at email@example.com or (919) 209-2034. The Career and College Promise Center is located in the Elsee building on the Johnston Community College main campus.