Advising and Registration
Academic Advisors at Johnston Community College help students develop their academic plans and class schedules as well as inform them about college processes and academic procedures. An academic advisor will also answer questions about a student’s academic and career pathway. All students are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for their college courses. Parents are welcome to attend with their student, but may not serve as a substitute for their student at an academic advising and registration session. It is imperative that a student actively participate in an academic advising appointment, establish a relationship with his/her advisor, and begin to understand the benefits and challenges of the college experience.
It is important that students read and follow instructions related to registering for Spring 2019 classes:
- All NEW CCP students are required to meet with an academic advisor at JCC. This is regardless of whether students desire to take a class at JCC, online or at their high school. Students are required to schedule an advising appointment through the Appointment Plus scheduling system (see instructions below).
- Returning or continuing CCP students who want to take a class at JCC or online are required to meet with an academic advisor at JCC. Students are required to schedule an advising appointment through the Appointment Plus scheduling system (see instructions below).
- Returning or continuing CCP students who want to take a class only at their high school are required to meet with a JCC academic advisor by making an appointment for one of the advising sessions listed below.
Only Career and College Promise (CCP) students who have received their acceptance letter from JCC are eligible to schedule an advising appointment through the Appointment Plus system. This acceptance letter will include a JCC student identification number that is needed to schedule an advising appointment. New CCP students are required to enter their JCC student ID number into the Appointment Plus system to schedule an advising appointment. Students who have not been admitted should not schedule or attend an advising session. Advising appointments created by students who have not been accepted will be cancelled.
Note: Students must only schedule an advising appointment with an advisor in their pathway.
Upcoming Advising for Spring 2019 Classes (3:00-6:00pm)
November 5th, 15th, 19th, 29th (Location: Public Safety Bldg J1630, Multipurpose
The advising sessions listed above are for students who want to take a JCC class at the high school, online or at the JCC campus).
Signing Up for Advising Using Appointment Plus
- Visit www.johnstoncc.edu and click on "Appointment Plus" at the top of the page or click HERE.
- Under "Select Program of Study," choose "CCP (high school students only)."
- Under "Appointment Type," please select one of the following:
- If you are in a College Transfer Pathway (either Arts, Science, or Engineering), please choose the College Transfer option that matches your pathway.
- If you are in a Career and Technical Education Pathway (such as Welding, Business, Nursing, etc.), please choose "CCP Career and Technical Education (CTE Pathway.)"
NOTE: If you are changing your pathway, please see the CCP Representative assigned to your school PRIOR to scheduling your advising appointment. Students will not be permitted to change pathways during their advising and registration appointment and will be advised only in their current pathway at the time of their appointment.
- Please ONLY select an advisor who matches your CURRENT pathway (There will be more than one advisor for each pathway. If the advisor you
select does not have an appointment available on the date you choose, please click
on another advisor in your pathway):
- College Transfer-Arts and Science
- College Transfer-Engineering
- Career and Technical Education:
- Advanced Technology - includes Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Technology, Applied Engineering Technology (previously known as Industrial Systems Technology), Computer-Integrated Machining Technology, Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology, Welding Technology, and Caterpillar Pre-Apprenticeship Program (CAT)
- Bioprocess Technology
- Business Education - includes Accounting, Business Administration, Community Spanish Interpreter, Information Technology, Medical Office Administration, Office Administration, and Paralegal Technology
- Criminal Justice Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Science (Seniors Only)
- Fire Protection Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Nurse Aid (16 1/2 and older only)
- Pharmacy Technology (Seniors Only)
- Phlebotomy (Seniors Only)
- Find a date on the Advisor Calendar that works with your schedule and click on that date to see the appointment times.
- Click on an appointment time that works for you (you will need to arrive about 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time).
- Choose “new user.”
- Complete the required registration fields (you MUST enter your JCC Student ID number.)
- Click “Finalize Appointment."
- Print your confirmation page.
To View, Edit, or Cancel Your Appointment:
- If you lose your confirmation page or forget your appointment date/time, you can log in to Appointment Plus by entering your email in the top right corner of the Appointment Plus screen. You can then view, edit, or cancel your appointment at the bottom of the screen
If you have any problems signing up or have any questions about advising, please contact:
Johnston Community College
Career and College Promise Program
•A117, Elsee Building •email@example.com •919-209-2034