Advising and Registration
Note: If you have already attended an advising appointment and received a printed copy of your schedule, you do not need an appointment to make changes to your schedule. Please contact the CCP Center for schedule changes.
Academic Advisors at Johnston Community College help students develop their academic plans and class schedules as well as inform them about college processes and academic procedures. An academic advisor will also answer questions about a student’s academic and career pathway. All students are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for their college courses. Parents are welcome to attend with their student, but may not serve as a substitute for their student at an academic advising and registration session. It is imperative that a student actively participate in an academic advising appointment, establish a relationship with his/her advisor, and begin to understand the benefits and challenges of the college experience.
It is important that students read and follow instructions related to registering for Fall 2018 classes:
- All NEW CCP students are required to meet with an academic advisor at JCC. This is regardless of whether students desire to take a class at JCC, online or at their high school. Students are required to schedule an advising appointment through the Appointment Plus scheduling system (see instructions below).
- Returning or continuing CCP students who want to take a class at JCC or online are required to meet with an academic advisor at JCC. Students are required to schedule an advising appointment through the Appointment Plus scheduling system (see instructions below).
- Returning or continuing CCP students who want to take a class only at their high school are required to meet with a JCC academic advisor by making an appointment for one of the advising sessions listed below.
Late Advising and Registration – Thursday, August 9
To take a class at JCC or online, Career and College Promise students are required to meet with an academic advisor at JCC. If students need to add or drop a class offered at their high school, they must make a request through their CCP Representative.
- Medical Assisting, Pharmacy Technology, Phlebotomy, and Nurse Aide advisors are only available 1:00 - 5:00pm
- All other CCP advisors are available 8:00am - 5:00pm
Step 1: Check in at the Career and College Promise Center
- On August 9th, all CCP students must check-in at the Career and College Promise Center located in A117, Elsee Building. Students must check-in prior to meeting with an academic advisor. Upon check-in, students will be directed to meet with an academic advisor for their designated CCP pathway.
Step 2: Meet with an Academic Advisor
- Students must come to their advising appointment with a list of classes they are interested in discussing with their advisor. Advisors will assist students with the selection and registration of classes. Students will only be allowed to take classes offered in their CCP pathway.
- At the completion of their advising appointment, students should ask their academic advisor for two copies of their class schedule. If advisors are unable to provide additional copies, students will be able to acquire copies of their schedule from a representative from the Registrar’s office in the Student Lounge outside of the Center for Academic Planning (CAP), Wilson Room C1215.
- Students must drop off a copy of their class schedule at the Career and College Promise Center during the check-out process.
Step 3: Check out at the Career and College Promise Center
- All CCP students are required to return to the Career and College Promise Center immediately following their advising appointment to check-out with a CCP representative. Students must check-out before they leave campus.
- During the check-out process a CCP representative will review your class schedule, and you will receive additional information that will help you prepare for the start of the semester.
Johnston Community College
Career and College Promise Program
•A117, Elsee Building •email@example.com •919-209-2034